Wednesday, July 8, 2009

22 Months Today!


This was about the best picture I could get! It is hard to get a decent picture of a busy little one!
Ella is 22 months today and I cannot believe how fast it is going. It seems like the months and years just fly! She is such a joy to her daddy and I. She is growing, learning and changing so much!
Ella at 22 months:
-is talking all the time! I love when she says "dank do mommy!"
-Is super apologetic! Anytime she gets in trouble it is soon followed by "sorry!" She sometimes gets sorry and excuse me confused and if she bumps into something always says "sorry!" I hope she will always be sensitive like this!
-She loves to be outside and is super energetic!
-She loves to help her daddy! She always tells me she is gonna help daddy work! They take out the trash and he lets her help him fix things around the house. He is so patient with her and gives her a screw driver and lets her help! Maybe she'll be handy like her daddy!
-She loves playing with her babies. She is really starting to pretend play! I love to watch it! The other day her baby got in trouble and she put her in time-out! It was hilarious because in a firm little voice she told the baby to sit...walked away and told me that baby was sad. She then went back to the door (our time-out spot) asked baby if she was happy....got the baby up and hugged and kissed it! She was copying me to a T! Can you tell we have done this a lot!
-She is still a picky eater! She loves apples, mac and cheese some days, chicken some days, veggie straws from costco, oranges, cherries, and well...that is about it. She has a mind of her own when it comes to eating and has from day 1! This is always stressful for mommy!
-She knows our town and where things are. She knows where to turn for church, her grandparents house, target, wal-mart, her cousins house, the doctor, etc.
-She loves to for us to sing! Her favorites are "If your happy and you know it!" and "Love somebody!"
-She is now praying at our meals (copying our words) which is so sweet to hear.
-She loves to look at her scrapbook and pulls it out almost everyday! She also likes to look at Sam-ewls and tells us Jesus which means he lives with Jesus! I love that this is just common understanding to her.
We love her and thank the Lord everyday for blessing us with her. The wait for her was long and painful, but was so worth it! I am so thankful that the Lord waited and gave us her. I am thankful that God knows what he is doing when he blesses with children. I am thankful he has a plan for us and also a plan for ella. I cannot wait to see what the Lord will do in and through her as she grows to know Him!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy 22nd Months! :)