Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Back in the Land of the Living!

I feel like I need a t-shirt today that says, "I survived the stomach virus of 2009!" Yesterday I woke up and began getting us ready for my Monday morning bible study! I kept feeling so weak...like I need to just sit down for a few minutes. I kept blaming on the fact that I hadn't eaten breakfast yet and continued to get ready. On the drive to bible study I felt a little nauseous and thought...surely morning sickness isn't reappearing! I almost turned around and went home...just feeling so very weak. I went on to bible study, ate a bagel hoping that would get my motor going..but still felt so bad. In fact I really considered laying my head on the table and resting a bit. I finally decided to leave early...thinking maybe my blood pressure was low or maybe I'd become anemic. I got ella from her class, got in the car and swung through McDonalds for ella very healthy happy meal! After waiting in the long drive through line the lady said they were only taking cash! Great...I never carry cash! Off to chick-fli-a because I knew I felt too bad to go home and cook. I should have known something was wrong when absolutely nothing on the chick-fli-a menu looked appealing! I got home and got ella in her bed for her nap and decided I'd rest! I was sure that was all I needed after such a busy week last week with VBS! Let's put it this way...my rest was quickly ended and I had to face the reality that I had caught yet another stomach virus! I am always in denial until there is no more denying it! I spent the rest of the day laying in the bed! Ella spent the rest of the day watching Mickey! I think a stomach virus should really come with a warning.....ALERT, ALERT, CAUTION...you may think you are dying for the next 24 hours! One thing about a virus...it always makes me so so thankful for my health. I cannot imagine feeling like that everyday! Now I am praying that it stays away from the rest of my family!

1 comment:

eastandwest said...

Oh, Julie. That is the WORST!!! I'm so glad it was a short one.