Monday, June 15, 2009

Mommy Ques. and Answer

I saw this on a mommy blog...if you are a mommy feel free to copy and answer! It helped me to think back and think ahead to what my next few months will include!

1. favorite diapers? pampers swaddlers when little and then huggies because costco sells them as they grow...I really like pampers the best...so soft and smell so good!
2. favorite wipes? Costco brand (soft, cheaper and no fragrance for a sensitive tush!)
3. wipe warmer, no wipe warmer? no wipe warmer - never tried one
4. sleep in gowns or footsies? footsies-preferably zip-up sleepers (you never know how hard it is to snap 10 snaps until it is 4:00 in the morning and you are delirious!
5. schedule, don't schedule? schedule, feeds are about every 3 hours
6. current favorite toys? musical toys, mobile
7. three things you couldn't live with out the first few months? swaddle blankets, pacifiers, my hubby!
8. something you can't have too many of? bibs and burp cloths esp. if your baby has reflux! I was not prepared for this!
9. three things you couldn't live with out once the baby is moving? ella's push toy (gave her stability when she was first learning), outlet safety plugs, our baby gates at the top and bottom of stairs!
10. favorite new baby invention? swaddle blanket with Velcro...she loved to be swaddled and this made it so easy!
11. favorite nursing pads? not sure of name...but they were thin and absorbent (maybe by johnson and johnson!)
12. favorite bottle? No preference (ella wasn't too fond of a bottle but I tried to get ones that were BPA free)
13. favorite car toys? any toy dangling from her car seat...now she likes her CD's, and any toy she can grab from the house...we usually have a flower and rock from the front yard too!
14. favorite teether? Never really used them...I think she thought they were too cold.
15. changing table, no changing table? no changing table (always used my bed or the floor!)
16. breast milk or formula? breastmilk exclusively for the first 9 months and then I began slowing weaning one feed to 1 8 oz. cup of formula a month until 12 months. Finally weaned the week before her B-day! (Not so much looking forward to this again...but I will do my best!)
17. make baby food, buy baby food? buy
18. first food after cereal? I think we started with carrots or squash..pretty sure it was a veggie and then after we tried them each for three or four days we went to fruits and them the mixed foods.
19. did you use your baby carrier? A front carrier a few times...it was heavy and she never seemed too comfy... I did manage to clean house a few times and cook with her in it!
20. how old when slept in own crib (not bassinet)? Naps around 5-6 months.. at night in her room...after her first b-day! This was hard for me!
21. do you use a sleep positioner? Yes I always did until she could move out of it!
22. back sleeper or tummy sleeper? back sleeper...I was anal about this....I have real fears about SIDS and will do anything recommended to prevent it! Around 6 months she began flipping to her stomach and side and I would flip her back! (I know the risk goes down once they can move too.!) I then had to give my fears to God and trust Him. I still pray over her sleep every night and althoughout the night when I wake up. I am still learning how to not worry about this aspect of motherhood!)
23. favorite part about being a mom? Ella saying mommy, her wanting me anytime she gets hurt or scared, her kisses and hugs, hearing her pray, hearing her say I'm sorry, watching her learn,she is the most fun little girl and I love her to death!
4. hardest part about being a mom? when your child is sick, deciding when to go to the doc. and when to wait it out, loving something so much that you know if you ever lost it you would never be the same....being fearful of loss!
25. favorite mommy accessories? my cute little red-head (never thought I wanted red-headed children...in fact I used to think I needed to marry someone with really dark hair and skin to try to avoid this)...Now I cannot think of anything I'd rather have than just what GOD made for me! ...and my stroller (it is great to have a place for a drink, bags, keys and etc. when shopping!)

No comments: