Friday, June 26, 2009

VBS and bedding

We have had VBS at our church this week and tonight is the last night. It has gone very well but I must admit I will be so glad to have a free night tomorrow. I have had a very sweet group of kids and have enjoyed being their "family leader." It always cracks me up at the sweet comments kids make about the Lord. Often times their theology is way off but their hearts are tender and and that is what counts. One little girl said that when her granny died she gave her the spirit of God! One boy said something like Jesus gave us his blood and now we have it in us. I think he was thinking very literally here! The theme is on Rome, Paul and the underground church and all the leaders are wearing "biblical clothes" ....truly not a good look for a pregnant girl...think large sheet! :)
I do not know what is wrong with me but I have spent so much time thinking about how I want to fix Eliza's room. I look for furniture everyday on craigslist. I have spent hours looking at cribs on-line and reading reviews. I have changed my mind about 10 times on my bedding! I don't know why I am stressing on this. i am generally a know what I like and don't like kinda girl! I think because I know it is a blank slate and a chance to do a new room. Good news though, we got a cute bright pink armoire off craigslist...and even snagged it for 100 dollars less than it was advertised for! Woo Hoo! Good thing I sent Kev to look at it because I am so not good on negotiating prices. I am still trying to talk Kev into leaving it pink as he thinks he needs to paint it white. It is pretty bright but I like it! Maybe we will just tone it down a shade or two. I have also picked out my bedding. I decided I wanted to use some different colors this time and I found some cute, cute, cute bedding off etsy.com. If you haven't ever looked there....you might not should! There is tons and tons of cute handmade things! So I found the material that I liked...the only problem is I just cannot justify spending more on baby bedding than I would my queen sized bed. Plus, I do find some joy and satisfaction in being crafty myself. So I had this great money-saving idea (which I knew my husband would be all for)! I am going to buy the bumper off etsy...buy the material I want and sew the rest myself! Just call me crazy now! I am a simple sewer...as in I made simple jjumpers and dresses for ella. I am getting better...but I have a long way to go. Needless to say I am getting a little nervous (esp. after looking at the patterns)! My plan is to make the crib skirt (I mean really how hard can it be..haha), the sheet...which actually looks somewhat easy esp. on an on-line tutorial, a very simple, simple blanket, and a curtain! I have about 12 weeks to get it all done! I am sure there will be a few tears and lots of seam ripping...but hopefully in the end it will be just what I want!

These are some of the fabrics that will be used esp. # 9, 15, 5, 4,

This is the look we are after!

I am beginning to get so excited about meeting Eliza. She kicks so much more than ella did. Ella was not a very active baby(but don't worry she is so making up for it now!) and Samuel really couldn't move due to the lack of fluid...so this is fun! I can now watch my stomach and see her moving and yesterday she'd kick and I'd poke and she'd kick and I'd poke. I just cannot even imagine what she will look like. She could literally have any color of hair because in kev. and my immediate family we have red, brown, blond, strawberry blond, and even black! It will be exciting to see how she adds to our family in a unique little way! Third Trimester...here we come (in about a week!)Woo Hoo!

No comments: