Monday, June 8, 2009

24 Weeks and Thoughts

Well I have made it to 24 weeks in this pregnancy. It really seems like the weeks are flying by! So far I am feeling pretty good and still at the "enjoyable stage" of pregnancy! I have gained the most ever so far in this pregnancy...and for some reason I keep doing like 3 pounds a week instead of one...and let me tell you that can add up fast! I am just thankful I had lost a good bit before I got pregnant this time! I hate gaining so fast because this will be my third time to have to lose 30 plus pounds of preg. weight in the past 3 1/2 years. I know it does come off but I also know how that frumpy stage feels and it is not so fun! I know this sounds like complaining...and I guess it is a bit...but it is also a reality of having a baby! The body does a lot of changing and growing all over!




This was at 22 weeks. I've always loved this shirt! It is my sister Joy's and collectively I think we've worn it through 4 or 5 pregnancies. It may need to be retired soon but it always makes you feel small in all the right parts!


I was telling my mom just today that it is different being pregnant with a little one already. I am so excited about having another child but my days seem pretty busy chasing after the one I have! Thankfully, eliza gives me lots of little kicks each day to remind me that she is there and growing too! There are definitely different feelings too with expecting another child. I felt this a little with ella (just feeling like I was giving my heart away some from Samuel...if that makes any sense!) This time I am thinking lots about how ella will adjust to sharing mommy and daddy, what she will do while I sit and nurse for forever each day, how I will manage them both, will we ever make it to church on time with 2?? and on and on! I know it can be done! I know these are all "normal" feelings! I also know many moms who do this with many more kids!





I am ready to start preparing "my nest" for this baby! I tried to remind Kevin tonight that this is really a normal part of pregnancy! I am naturally an organizer and so I know I probably take this up a few notches as well. I made us a huge "to-do"list today! We both like list and work better if we have one. It includes everything from things to clean out to things to buy before the baby comes.





I have also completely changed my idea for eliza's nursery. I think I want to do something very different this time instead of keeping it similar to ella's nursery! I'll post pics when it starts coming tog. ...but it will be a while yet!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

raise your hand if you're in the frumpy stage?! (my hand is raised) :) Maybe in 10 years we can take a mom/sister trip to Hawaii when our baby bodies have gone away! I'm glad I can call you and ask you your new ideas for the nursery instead of having to stalk your blog until you tell! ha.. I have no life! :) Thats a joke by the way.