Saturday, January 10, 2009

Upwards Saturday!


This morning it was back to Upwards Basketball and Cheerleading! This is a program that our church has been doing now for probably 8-9 years...can't believe it's been that long! The Lord has truly blessed this program and I enjoy watching the games, the social aspect, as well as the snack bar (awesome french fries) ! Kev coaches K-5 basketball every year and I coached cheerleading for several years and assisted with basketball one year...might I add that I really know nothing about either! Good thing I had people who did helping me! At this season of my life I just get to be a fan. E is at an impossible stage to coach right now. I look forward to being more involved again one day. If you have kids this age in our town this is this place to be on Sat! It is fun to see how packed our church gets every Sat. We now have teamed with another church due to the need for another facility and it is awesome to see 2 churches packed each week. Each game has a testimony/gospel presentation at half-time which is the main reason of Upwards...to share Christ with those in our community who do not yet know Him. The first time I was able to share my testimony there was almost three years ago. I remember it so clearly because it was the Sat. before I had Samuel. I was so nervous as I stood in front ALL those people with my little index cards SHAKING...telling them of the state in which I was in. It is amazing how the Lord works things out because if I had been scheduled even one week later I would not have been there and most likely emotionally wouldn't have been up to it. The Lord knew the schedule for Samuel's arrival and had it all planned out. It's funny because now three years later I still have parents at Upwards games who speak to me, ask about e, and remember my testimony that day.


This time of year always seems to be a little hard for us. It all seems to be such a reminder of that time in our lives...even Upwards games! I have been thinking over this past week of sharing with you more about Samuel's story and more specifically the unique details of the way the Lord worked out every little, specific detail during that difficult time. I hope as it encourages me to trust the Lord with His timing that it will encourage you as you also trust the Lord. So more on that later. For now I think I may catch a nap while I have the chance!

No comments: