Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kate said Hi!


Kate signing books!

Kate Talking (Thanks Becky for the pics)

Becky and I

Friends

Last night I went with a few friends, my sister and my niece to hear Kate Gosselin speak. This is the Kate Gosselin from TLC's Jon and Kate Plus 8. I have enjoyed this show for a while now and was excited when I heard she was coming to our area. It was called "Coffee with Kate!" So the place was packed with tons of ladies of all ages and even a few brave men. I have made or encouraged Kev to watch with me a few times and he actually found it somewhat entertaining (although if asked he might not admit this). Kate made her way to the stage right at 7 and would you know the thing was over by 7:35. She shared about her pregnancy with the sextuplets and how she'd learned several lessons about depending and trusting God during those early years. I thought her message was good and entertaining...and then she said, "and that is how we got to where we are today," and walked off the stage. I think everyone was like...is that it? I was a little disappointed to not hear anything about their life now or about what she is learning in life now. Oh well, it was a fun anyways. I also enjoyed catching up with a friend from way back who happened to sit right in front of me. Fun how God puts people in you path at just the right time. I did get my copy of her new book Multiple Blessings autographed!
I was also proud of Kev who took good care of e while I enjoyed my night out. They went to Chick-Fli-A and to Super Pets to look at the animals. Good thing they didn't bring one home with them. When I got home she was fed, asleep and he even remembered to brush her teeth (this time)!

1 comment:

eastandwest said...

I just tagged you. See my blog for directions. This one is painless!