Saturday, January 3, 2009

Giants??


Last night as we were channel surfing we came across Facing the Giants. This is a Christian movie that came out in late 2006 (i think). It is a Christian movie..opposed to a big budget Hollywood movie...and has a powerful message! The acting was pretty good too I think! I remember watching this movie in the theater not long after it came out...with the majority of our church..I think they sold the tickets. I think I cried..or maybe I should say sobbed through most of the movie. It isn't even a "tear-jerker" and I am not even an easy crier! It spoke so clearly to my heart unlike any movie ever has. It was such an encouragement to Kevin and I. So we stayed up until midnight watching it again last night...and once again it was just what I needed!

Some of my favorite lines from the movie...
"We'll praise Him when we win and we'll still praise Him when we lose!" (Don't we all need to really get that message!)

"If he never gives us a baby...will you still love HIM?"

"I ask you, what is impossible for God?"

"I am just preparing for rain!" (watch the movie and you'll understand)

Have you seen it? What did you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Tommy and I and the boys just watched Facing the Giants this afternoon. You are SOO right. I cry every time I see this film. It is wonderful. I thought about you guys, and I am so glad that you saw it again also. God works in wonderful ways.
Love,
Christine

Kim said...

I love this movie! I was scrolling through your blog and noticed this one! My husband & I love everything about this movie & how encouraging it is!