Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things about me

I have been tagged on facebook several times lately to tell 25 random things about myself...and since the blogging juices have not been flowing lately...thought I'd tell them here.

1. I met my husband on a blind date but almost made my little sis go instead!
2. My favorite color is blue!
3. I always disliked being a redhead until I had ella...now we just go together!
4. I am somewhat of an introvert unless I feel really comfortable! My husband compliments this side of me because he NEVER meets a stranger.
4. When I was in 2nd grade I was in a talent show and I did cart-wheels to "It's my Party and I'll cry if I want too" THE WHOLE TIME! Why did my parents let me do this! I can assure you they weren't straight cart-wheels either. If we had it on video I know I could make some big money on AFV!
5. I have always been a night owl like my dad.
6. I tend to grow my hair out and get it cut to only not like it and spend a year growing it back out. I am almost ready to get it cut again.
7. I love O'Charley's Pecan Crusted Chicken Tender Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette and minus the blue cheese! I could eat it everyday. Did you know it ONLY had 1900 calories (kev told me this and I don't know for sure that it is true...maybe he is trying to detour my liking for it!
8. I am the sentimental type. I keep all my cards, pictures and special mementos!
9. I hate clutter and I love having a yearly garage sale to get rid of it all!
10. I have to clean my entire house either every Thurs., Fri., or Sat. For some reason I feel like I have to get it done before the weekend!
11. I have tried a variety of crafts in the past few years....jewelry making, scrap booking, oil painting, and now sewing! Kevin says he can't keep up!
12. I have always been labeled a "goody-goody!" I am by nature a people pleaser and really hate to disappoint people!
13. I told my husband a small, tiny white lie this past week and the Lord used my One-Year Bible passage to convict me. I asked the Lord for forgiveness but dreaded telling Kev. I tried to ignore it but woke up at 3 am feeling so bad. I woke him up and told him I'd lied and he was very forgiving at 3am!
14. I would really love a big family!
15. My first car was a very very old Mercedes! Don't let that name fool you! It was a diesel and had a pull crank!
16. One day my while driving my Mercedes the back door flew open and my jacket flew out in an intersection close to my high school. I just kept on driving!
17. I once saw a man get hit by a car while riding a bike.
18. I love ice cream and once I start I eat way too much so I never allow us to by it at the store...I just buy it at sonic instead!
19. In high school I thought I could get a tan and was a little obsessed! Now I am paying the price! Red heads and tans just don't go together!
20. I love doing spring planting with Kevin every year! This is one of my favorite things we do together. I love seeing the instant results and I love a pretty yard!
21. I like having an older sister and a younger!
22. I talk to my mom everyday!
23. I still think we may adopt a child one day...maybe!
24. I have never liked writing and have been told that I write like I talk. I am sorry if my blog drives you English people crazy with my run-on and .......
25. I love to find a deal and try to buy all of ella's clothes a year ahead....right now I am buy for fall and winter of 2010 and I don't buy them until they are super cheap!

SO that's me! Warts and all (no really I don't have any but I did when I was a younger and I passed out at the dermatologist office after getting them burnt off...) It hurt! :)

3 comments:

The Carters said...

This was so fun to read! are you still doing cartwheels? :)

Anonymous said...

I feel like Jason and I took that Mercedes to prom one year.
Jess and Kevin would have never made it together!
I think you did cartwheels in the mall too...
I just know you'll have that big family one day:)
Thanks for sharing your warts, Julie. I can't believe I'm learning more new things about you after knowing for...forever!

Jessica said...

Thanks for a good laugh... and what i confessed this morning! I might disagree with Becky on Kev and I never making it.... a strong man does me good (as in the case with Ryan), but I'm glad we all ended with the ones God had for us! I still wonder if Kevin thought I was you when I answered the door the night of your first date! I think for some reason I may have been in a t-shirt and soccer shorts. I guess I would have fit just fine with his enormous truck and big wheels! Love you sissy! ha