Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pray for Kelly and baby Harper

Yesterday I anxiously awaited the birth of Kelly's baby girl, Harper Brown. Who is Kelly...you might ask??? She is the author behind a very popular blog...Kelly's Korner. her and her husband struggled to get pregnant and finally did. She was induced yesterday and apparently something went wrong and Harper is very sick. She was airlifted to another hospital and has pneumonia. I was just sick when I read this late last night. I have identified with Kelly on many levels. One we are both PK's (preacher's kids), we both have struggled to have a child and she shares my same passion for all things cute and monogrammed must I add. She was so excited about Harper's arrival and I must admit I was excited to see the precious little girl that they'd waited so long for. Kelly even made the cutest cookies and dipped pretzels for her nurses and guest (this girl takes southern hospitality to another level!) I know things have gone so different from what she was expecting and we are just praying that Harper will make a quick and complete recovery. Please pray for Kelly today and she and her body have been through a lot in these past few hours. Apparently she had over 30,000 hits on her blog yesterday so I am not the only one who has been touched by her story! You can link to her blog by her button on my sidebar if you want updates on Harper.

No comments: