Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The One Year Bible?


So I am not much on new year's resolutions...follow-through has never been my strong point! So this is not a resolution...we'll call it a goal. I was in the Christian bookstore this past week and saw the One Year Bible. I decided to make this my goal for 2009. The truth is I seem to flounder aimlessly with my bible study without some sort of bible study or plan! I usually read a little Psalms...maybe a little Corinthians...and catch a little Genesis on the way out as I pray the Lord would show me something! Needless to say my effort is not what it should be...oh how I fall short. So I today is Jan. 7th and I am loving reading it! Do you find that the more you read and study...the desire to also increases? I always find that this is the case for me. The one I got begins in Genesis and Matthew and also has Psalms and Proverbs each day. The reading amount is very do-able (how in the world do you spell do-able??) So I am praying the Lord will open my eyes to His truths as I plunge ahead and for faithfulness to daily read His word.

I also got the NLT. I know everyone has different opinions on translations..but this one is simple for me to understand. I also like the NIV as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Julie~

I am reading a one year Bible, too. Mine is a little different though...it goes in chronological order. I would love a bit of accountability as well :)

Michelle L