Monday, March 15, 2010

Randon Thoughts

I have been a slack blogger lately. I have tons of new pics to upload and things to blog about but I just never seem to have the time to do both.

I have really been asking the Lord for so "friends." I have lots of friends in a general sense, but I feel at this stage of my life I have lacked close friends outside of my family. I have seen the Lord answer this prayer lately, though at times it has meant that I had to step outside of my comfort zone a bit. I am thankful.

I have to have another skin biopsy tomorrow! Note to self....you are a red head...you do not tan....wear sunscreen....never let your girls burn! Yeah...I used to try to get a tan and actually got a pretty good one from a nice little fake and bake in high school! We'll, I am paying for it now! I think everything is fine...but I am not looking forward to having a chunk cut out of my leg and stitches! I think I'd rather birth another baby...

I was so confused about the time change last night! We put the girls to sleep and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they were both still awake after like an hour! I was thinking it was actually later than it was rather than earlier! My mom enlightened me today! I do love that it is lighter later. It makes me feel like we can actually go somewhere or do something after kev gets home from work!

Ella has finally accepted that Christmas is over! Today when she asked I said, mommy's already explained that! She said, "It's okay mommy, it come next time!" Praise the Lord!"

I am about ready to get my sewing machine back out of the closet after a very long break after making eliza's bedding! I have some cute fabrics that I want to make into pillow case dresses for the girls.

We went to dinner Friday night with a couple from our Sunday School class. I had too much sweet tea. I normally don't drink caffeine after lunch or so. I was up until 3 am wide awake! I got busy on my scrapbooks. That is one thing that I never seem to have time for. I have been determined to do one for eliza just as I did for ella. I have worked on it but was beginning to get so behind that it was going to be overwhelming to catch up! I cannot do it when they are awake and it is too much to get out and get going on when they are napping (as soon as I get to working...someone wakes up!) SO, all that to say that I got somewhat caught up and it feels good!

Time to hit the hay! (Do you say that?? You do know it means...go to bed...right!!)

4 comments:

Beth Priest said...

I wish I was sleeping right now! I am kind of messed up with the time change myself! That is so funny about Christmas! Darby is the exact same way! You will have to let us see some of your sewing projects! I wish I could scrapbook but I absolutely can not. so I print photobooks..

Amy Prikazsky said...

So glad you are seeing the Lord answers your prayers...I will be praying for your procedure and that the Lord would continue to bless the friendships you are building! Hope you have a great Tuesday!

julie said...

Yall are so sweet! The doc. office called and reschedled my appt. this morning! Can't say that I minded! Thanks for your comments! Julie

carissa said...

i feel the same way about friends. ella finally being okay with christmas being over made me laugh! so stinkin cute! i hope your biopsy comes back a-okay! so sorry you have to deal with all that. i used to adore the sun but i've recently discovered that jergen's natural glow lotion does some good. i'd rather have my skin last the duration of my life than be tan for one summer!