Saturday, March 6, 2010

Date Night

Last night I had a hot date with the hubs...and my little side kick (aka eliza)! I had gone out for a few hours on Thurs. night by myself and I kept checking my phone thinking that Kev would call if things weren't going so well (this is probably the first time I'd done that since eliza was born!) Finally, I decided to call and check and he said she'd been crying for almost 2 hours. She never cries! He tried everything. He was a little frazzled at that point..which I would have been too. I asked why he didn't call and he said he was trying to give me some time away! So sweet. Needless to say I rushed home as fast as I could. Little missy gave me the stare down...like where have you been...I have cried my heart out face...so needless to say she earned a spot on mommy and daddy's date!

Kev teaches our Sunday School class and is teaching through the Song of Songs right now. I have to admit that I was a nay-sayer at first. A while back he started saying he felt led to do a marriage study and then he decided to teach straight through Song of Songs. I kept trying to discourage him from it and encourage him to just stick with a practical "biblical" marriage study. He'd done it before and I sure those old lessons could be revisited and "tweaked!" Thankfully he listened to what the Lord was leading and not what his wife was saying. I'd read parts of Song of Songs before, but all that flowery, poetic language amidst topics that will make you blush really didn't seem "practical" enough to me. I am really proud of the digging and learning that he has done and is doing and each week the flowery, poetic language makes more sense after having it explained. I feel like we are both learning a lot. Each week we have had some homework/discussion questions and some dating challenges. The good thing about your husband being the teacher is that he can't tell others to do something without us doing it. So we have had to really work at this.

Last night we went on our date. He planned it all! Just like when we were dating. He didn't tell me where we were heading and even let me buy a new shirt to wear. I was really excited. There was no (where do you want to go, I don't care, where do you want to go, I don't know)! There was a plan! I love a date plan! We went ate here...we both like Italian and haven't been there in years!


He told me to chose his meal and he'd chose mine. I am someone who normally gets the same thing every time I go to a restaurant! At first I wished I could just get something I knew I liked (Chicken Parmesan), but trying something new might be fun too! I ordered him this.
It is the mixed grill! He ordered me this!
It is thee four cheese stuffed pansotti with chicken! Of course we enjoyed the bread and salad too! My dish was great! I was stuffed! We had great dinner conversation and eliza hung in there for the most part.

After dinner Kev took me to get one of my favorite coffee drinks! It is a Gloria Jeans cookies and cream frozen chiller! It is sooooooooo good! I hadn't had one in years!

Can you say stuffed and calorie overload! I don't even want to know!

When we got home and got the girls to bed kev surprised me and pulled out a movie I'd mentioned that I wanted to to see! It was pretty good but so sad. I was thinking it was a comedy, but it was definitely a drama! My date fell asleep early in the movie! Poor thing...he is such an early bird and I am such a night owl!

It was a great a refreshing time! We need to spend more time out on dates... time when we are not barking orders to each other, having to discipline children, and really able to talk and enjoy being together!

When was the last time you had a date? Make a plan for one next week!

3 comments:

carissa said...

love date nights!!! yours sounds so fun! we had a date night last night too. we ate at uno mas in mt. p and then looked at mags at barnes. i've never had gloria jeans... i might have to try it... sounds so good!

eastandwest said...

Sounds wonderful! I DO have a date next week. Kelly B is done with basketball so we have a sitter again. Woohoo!

julie said...

So sweet! I love Gloria Jeans! I used to get the Vanilla Caramel Chiller...so yummy! Thanks for your comment on my blog! Mommy guilt isn't fun! I just added myself as one of your followers, and I will add you to my blogroll!