Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!


The "Moore" Girls

Cute Little Mimi


Mimi and eliza

Mimi and Titus. This is at the airport...and yes those
are tears of happiness.

Mimi and her very first grandchild at the fair!


Me and mom

Mimi wrestling a wild little ella!


Today is my mom's Birthday! It's funny because I call her mimi more than I call her mom these days. God graced my life when he made her my mom. She is and has been a wonderful mother and friend to me. She is the kind of mom who gives and gives and gives to her family. She is the heart of our family. How can I describe my mom to you? Let's see...her day begins early every day. I am talking like 3:45am or 4:00 am. That is her wake-up time. Yes, I do think she is crazy. She is naturally an early bird and always has been. In fact, I cannot recall one day of my 22 years living in her home when I woke up before her. She was always up before us. Oh, how I wish I could do that. She gets up early and has made this her life's routine in order to have time with the Lord. You will find her bible study books, bibles, and journals strewn about her chair on any given morning. Oh, how I want to be like her! She prays for us...all of us! This has always given me comfort to know that my mom was praying for me. I knew she was but always found evidences when I sneaked a peak into her journals as a child (sorry mom).

She is a teacher. She went back to school when I was in middle school after being a stay at home mom for my whole childhood. I cannot imagine being in college while caring for a family, maintaining a home, being a pastor's wife, and putting dinner on the table each night! Seriously, I couldn't have done it. She was determined as she knew they would have three girls to help through college in a few years. She arrives at school early (too early in my opinion) to get things ready for the day. She is a great teacher and still brings all her big ole books home every night to review her next day! She is a great teacher.

She is a pastor's wife. My mom has served faithfully along with my dad for well over 30 years in the ministry. I know those years have been both challenging and blessed. I have seen her serve in so many different roles because they were areas that were in need. She has been: a nursery worker, VBS Leader, Children's Sunday School Teacher, Adult Women's Sunday School teacher, she's led bible studies, she's planned women's luncheons, she's sung in the church choir, she even played the piano on a few occasions that I remember when the pianist was out. She's done it all. The thing that stands out the most about my mom as a pastor's wife is her humility. She is such a humble person. She never wants to be the center of attention or out front so everyone can see "Her." She never wants people to think she has it all together or has to be the one "in charge." She is very humble!

She is a great mom. She has three daughters who are all different. From our our hair color to our love languages and our personalities. We are all very different. My mom loves us all and is a close friend to each of us. In fact, we all 3 call her....every day! Yes, her phone rings a lot! She is always there to hear about our days, lend good advice about everything from potty training to medical emergencies, and always spends her time invested in our lives. We have already said that when mimi gets old...we're talking really old...like many many years from now, there will be a three way fight over who gets to care for mimi. I mean she is loved that much by her girls!

She is a mimi. I would say grandmother but that sounds too old. She is a mimi to five boys (including out Samuel) and 3 girls. They all love mimi too! She spends most of her afternoons babysitting one or more of them. Her playroom is a lively place full of toys and fun. She never is worried about her house when they are having fun...even when I know she has probably just cleaned it and it quickly is a disaster. I would never worry for a minute when my girls are in her care. She is a fun mimi. She crawls down the hall, hides in the closet, tiptoes to papa office, colors , playes spies, hi-ho cherrio, go fish, and etc. (and yes all of these are when entertaining little people). It is a blessing to know that my girls have a godly mimi to help teach them about the Lord.
We all love you mimi! We hope you feel loved today!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

What sweet words!! My greatest joy on my birthday is the fact that God has blessed me with 3 Godly daughters who married 3 Godly men and who are raising children to know and love Him. I am blessed beyond measure.

Jessica said...

Mom rocks.. plain and simple. oh and thanks for the fat picture of me. :) ha....thank goodness I was 32 weeks pregnant.