Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Jess!






Tomorrow is my lil sis' 24th Birthday! I decided at the beginning of the year to try to celebrate each birthday in my family with a birthday blog. Knowing how busy Sunday's are for us I figured I better get it done today!

I can still clearly remember the day/night that you were born. Although I was just six, I remember being woken up in the middle of the night with the family in a stir to get to the hospital. Now, being a mother of two girls I can imagine the scenario quite easily. I couldn't get awake and everyone was rushing me. I believe I couldn't get my socks on right and I remember mom let the seat go back on me as I climbed into our old, Burgundy, two door family car! I remember camping out on the floor with the family from our church all night long as we awaited a call from dad telling us you had arrived. I remember painting you clear plastic bottle with polka dots using paint markers. I took it to you at the hospital. I remember playing with all the samples (diapers, wipes, and tiny bottles of lotions, powder, and etc.) that they sent home with mom from the hospital. I remember putting my dolls in your crib and thinking I had my very own nursery and live baby...how nice of mom to do that for me! I remember you choking at a few days old and mom running from the parsonage to our church across the street. I remember being so scared. I remember you being my playmate as you grew. I always was the mom and I always made you be the kid...and of course I was always the teacher and you were my little student. I taught you to say your vowels...you couldn't say "u!" As you grew you always wanted my "stuff" and you drove me crazy at times. I remember you getting in lots of trouble. You had an independent nature from a child and I remembering wishing you would just cooperate! I remember you writing me sweet notes when I was away working at a camp for the summer and at college and you even sent me a tape with a song you recorded on the guitar. (Don't kill me...it was really pretty good!) I remember you not liking Kevin at all at first...because you knew I'd marry him. I remember you standing beside me on my wedding day and being the first person I let hold Ella Kate. I remember you taking a bold stance for the Lord in high school. I remember you making a tough decision in college and trusting your future to the Lord. I remember your beautiful wedding day that was so YOU! I remember finding out you were pregnant and feeling jealous. I hate to admit that but I guess it is part of being sisters. I am so thankful for Titus and that the Lord knew the perfect timing for making you a mommy. I remember you always did what you set your mind to do (nose ring, belly button ring, going far away to college, Europe, Oregon, taking on new jobs... and I am sure there are more!) Some days I really wish God had given me just a little bit of your adventurous personality!

I write all this to say...that my life wouldn't have been near as fun or as meaningful if God hadn't given me a little sister 24 years ago! I think you are a beautiful girl with great style and flair! You never cease to surprise me with your great fashion and I am always amazed at what and where your independent nature leads you. We pray that tom. it will be a beautiful day! We pray for good health and some rest! You have been working hard. We pray that one day the Lord will send you back closer to home! We pray you have a great day tomorrow and truly feel celebrated!!

We love ya,
Kev, Julie, Ella and Eliza

2 comments:

Jessica said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. that totally made me cry. so sweet. thanks jules. I'm such a better person reaching 24 years old because of my 2 older sisters. heaven knows i've driven you both crazy at times, but love you so much. I hope one day when we are ancient old we can laugh and play cards together at the assisted living home! ha. love you. ps thanks for the necklace and earrings. you know me well. Titus has a suit for easter with a tie in those colors so i am going to save it for my easter outfit!! :)

Carrie said...

I am not sure i have even popped into your blog before! I keep seeing you in my blog visitors and I think I kept thinking you were a different Julie (married names confuse me so much!) Are you still in Charleston? Your children are adorable. Hope all is well with you!