Saturday, May 30, 2009

Happy 6th Anniversary Kev!

The Last 6 Years!


Hilton Head Island

Pumpkin Carving

Vacation!


Tuscon, Arizona


Disney Cruise!



San Diego, CA


Bahamas Work Cruise!


Our Little Boy!
I thought I loved you before Jan. 31, 2006 but I love you so much more after!
I would not have made it without you by my side!
You were an awesome daddy to your little boy!

Finally!
God is so good!
I will never forget looking at you with tears streaming
down your face! You were so thankful for your little girl!


One happy family!




I love you!

Tomorrow Kevin and I will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. I guess at times it seems like these 6 years have passed rather quickly and then at times it seems like we've spent a lifetime together already. In fact it is hard to remember him not being a part of my life. I have been thinking a lot these past few days about what I wanted to write...esp. since I know he reads my blog now! :) I have said before that he is a much better gift giver and Fri. he surprised me with a watch I have wanted for a while now. I have been watch less for well over a year so I am so thankful to have a new one...and it's really cute too!

As I thought about Kevin, our marriage and our life together I kept thinking about how God has granted the desire of my heart for a husband through Kevin. Long before I ever met Kevin, I started a Journal for my future husband (yes I was a hopeless romantic back in the day!) My first journal entry was on September 26th, 2000. It became mostly a prayer journal and a place to jot my hopes and dreams for the future...esp. on those days when there was no prince charming anywhere in sight or even a mere possibility! I gave this journal to Kev at our rehearsal dinner along with my true love waits ring! (I thought he'd run home and read the entire thing...reminiscing over what a wonderful wife he was getting. Boy did I have a lot to learn about my husband. As the weeks turned into months I stopped asking if he'd read it all! I began to realize that this journal was more for me. It was my thoughts and times with the Lord!) On Feb. 24, 01 realizing that I had no clue what I was even looking for in a husband and somewhat frustrated over pointless dating I made a list of 25 very specific things I wanted in a husband. I went back and looked at my list in the journal, the other day, and once again it amazes me at how specifically God knew the desires of my heart and how uniquely Kev matches my list. I see this even more as the years go by and we grow together and in the Lord. If you know Kev I think you will understand what I am talking about! Here is my exact list:

1. Believes that Jesus is the only way to eternal life and has trusted in His Death alone for his salvation.
2. Is actively and daily seeking a deeper more consistent walk with the Lord.
3. Seeks to know and understand the Word and scripture.
4. Encourages, teaches and challenges me to know more of the Bible.
5. Is a servant...at home, in the car, out shopping, with his family, in sports, in lines, opens doors for others...not just me.
6. Takes initiative in situations, knows what needs to be done and does it before being asked...is a leader.
7. Is seeking to serve the Lord in some area of ministry.
8. Being with him makes me want to know, serve, and love Jesus more.
9. Is giving with his money, sacrificial, tithes, helps those in need.
10 Is humble...can be behind the scenes. Befriends those who are lonely, weird, hurting and outcast.
11. Is kind-hearted.
12. Is joyful and thankful-looks for the good in situations.
13. Likes to laugh and makes me laugh.
14. Doesn't talk excessively..realizes that silence is golden at times.
15. Is not a big complainer.
16. Interested not in the things of this world- expensive cares, possessions, etc/
17. Is laid back-can relax, can adjust to change. Is comfortable with my family.
18. Is encouraging...reassuring of his love for me, approval and fondness of my physical appearance which may not always be so fond!
19. Is larger and taller than me.
20. Takes care of his body, enjoys being active...helps to keep me active.
21. Is a hard worker and will work to support a family.
22. Wants to have children...hopefully several if the Lord blesses.
23. Loves people...talking to them, helping them, invest his life in others.
24. Is silly, loves life and wants to make the best of everyday...and spontaneous to some degree!
25. Will be trustworthy and faithful to me alone...forsaking all others.

So this was the list I wrote exactly 11 months before I ever knew Kevin existed and to be honest if I had to tell you 25 things about my husband I couldn't come up with a more accurate list! They are all so true about him.

I am thankful for where these 6 years have taken us. Through valleys and mountain tops...lots of ups and downs. There is one thing for sure...I am so glad God picked Kevin for me. There is truly no one else I'd rather share this life with. I can't wait to see what this life holds for us!

4 comments:

The Carters said...

Isn't God awesome! Kevin fits your list to a "T". Happy Anniversary you two!

The Q family said...

Isn't it wonderful what God will do when we allow Him to do it! Happy anniversary!

Stephanie said...

God is so good! Happy Anniversary!

Hailey Burns said...

Wow. I'm crying!
Happy Anniversary to you guys. It's hard to believe it's been 6 years already. Love you both so much!