Thursday, May 21, 2009

What's new!

I've been a lazy blogger lately! I have several cute beach pictures that I need to upload and blog about but until then....
Let's see what is new in our lives. Kev finished his last final last night around 10:30( he takes on-line classes) and so his spring semester is officially over. I am so proud of how hard he has worked. Some may think that taking seminary on-line would be easier but I feel that it is just as hard. He works a full day comes home eats, plays with ella and then listens to lectures. His seminary classes are video taped and he watches the DVD's! I think he had well over 75 hours of just classroom lectures to watch in addition to weekly test, many papers including a huge research paper that he got an A on, six books to read each with a paper and his textbook reading. He is such a studious student which is one of the things that has surprised me the most about him. I mean he even reads and highlights the introduction to the textbook and reads every single assignment thoroughly! If you know my hubby you know that school hasn't always been his thing. I always wonder how in the world he graduated from college. (He literally would only go to two or three classes sometimes and even took a final at the mall!) I think the Lord gave him a lot of grace and probably some professors did too! It excites me to see how hard he is working in seminary and that he is committed to learning more. He keeps saying, "Do you think I am learning enough?" Kevin going to seminary was something that God defiantly led us together to pursue. I will never forget the morning that the Lord clearly laid it on my heart that this was the path he wanted us on. (It had been something in the back of our minds for a while.) It came at the darkest and lowest point of my life. It was at a point where I was like I give up Lord! I give up and really felt like I let go of my own will and desires. It was then that the Lord began to lead Kevin and I in this direction. He is now about 1/4 of the way through! We have about one more year that he can take on-line classes and then we will see where the Lord leads us! I am excited and ready...most days...and look forward to how God chooses to use our family in the future!
Other than that my little sis Jess is in town with her new little cutie. I can't believe she is a mom! She is a great one as I knew she would be! He is so adorable! I'll have to post a picture of ella holding Titus! Jess asked her if she wanted too. She did for all of about one second. Later that night after seeing visiting with them ella began to run a high fever! It was 103.6 and wasn't coming down with Tylenol, Motrin or a bath. I was really getting worried. I took her in yesterday and she has a double ear infection! Thankfully we got good ole amoxicillin and should be on the mend. I hate high fevers...even though they say the fever isn't too dangerous unless it gets too high....it still scares me.
As far as being pregnant I am moving along. These weeks from 20-28 always seem slow to me. Not much going on and still a while to go. I am excited to get Eliza's room cleared out soon and begin buying the things to decorate it. (I am going to put daddy to work on his 4 weeks off of school!) Hmmmm...maybe that will be my next post! Have a good day!

No comments: