Thursday, May 21, 2009

Help with Eliza'a Nursery!

I am bored at home again today (can you tell...two posts in one day!) Ella is still running a fever from her ear infections. I am praying it will be gone by tom. and we won't have to switch to another antibiotic like we did last time she had an ear infection.

So I am getting excited about beginning eliza's room. I have been looking at bedding sets for months and I think I have it down to two. I am pretty sure that we are just going to buy another crib for her. Ella is still very happy and right now not attempting to climb out (do I even dare to type that because she prob. will start tom.). Her crib converts to a toddler bed so we will just keep it for her and convert it when she is ready. We also will have to buy a dresser and a double stroller! We have been looking at those but so far have only found one that our Chico carrier will attach too. (Wish I'd known this when we bought it!) Thought I'd share some of the pictures of things I like and ideas for the room. Right now it is painted a buttery/sunny yellow. I will probably keep it this color as both of the bedding sets will match! (I also thought this would give my hubby a good visual and heads up of what my mind is thinking. I am sure he will really appreciate it!)


A simple white dresser! This one is from Pottery Barn and we won't be paying that much for one but you get the idea!


A simple White crib! I do not like them on wheels and I like to have slats all around so the bumper will attach around the entire crib! I like this one. It is from Babies R Us! It is a good bit cheaper than ella's was! Kev is really big on them being really sturdy and solid! He will have to check it out first!


This is my top choice for bedding right now. It is from Pottery Barn and I love the colors and little birds. We bought ella's bedding from there and it has held up very well through lots of washings! It is pricey so I also have a few other options...but I think this is my favorite!


This is a mural painted by the art teacher at my old school. She has a business where she paints kids rooms and etc. It is sweetaspeas.com and she has some cute ideas. I know we won't be painting a mural but I like the ideas I have gathered! She does great work!

This is another view of the bedding blanket!

This is a canvas from a site called Small Words. I love this for over the bed except with ELIZA and I will probably attempt something similar on my own!
This is my bedding choice #2! It still has the birds and the polka-dots. It is from Target and is a good bit cheaper! It's cute and has some brown but I am pretty set on a white crib and furniture. Not sure if it would look as good on white!

I just found this bedding from Target too and I really really like it too! Almost better than the Target birds from above! We'd def. have to paint because the yellow wouldn't work! Okay...What do you think! Bedding #1 from Pottery Barn, Bedding #2 Target Birds or Bedding #3 Pink Damask and polka-dots!

9 comments:

Tasha said...

Julie,

Bedding #1 is my favorite but I also like #3. You could easily use birds in the room with bedding 3. Good luck it always takes me forever to decide on how I want to do the childrens room and then when I get it done I usually wish I had gone a different direction.

Amy's Adventures said...

I know Jess from Portland and read your blog sometimes :) I like #1 and #3...

Jessica said...

#1 and leave the paint the same and save money that way! :) you could so paint the canvas and even mural jule...that's right up your alley!

Anonymous said...

definitely #1. So cute.

Stephanie said...

A tree mural would be really easy to do.

I love the bird bedding from PB. It is pricey but you get what you pay for. Especially when it gets washed 1000 times!

Anonymous said...

Even though #1 costs a little more, it is my favorite! It looks perfect for a little girls room.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up about all the "stuff" you want to buy...

Helen Joy said...

I LOVE number 1. I am currently obsessedwith looking at vinyl lettering and decals and thought these would be adorable for a little girl's room.

http://sixunderatree.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4336747

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vt_related_3&listing_id=22735431

http://www.thewalldecorstore.net/storefrontprofiles/processfeed.aspx?sfid=173331&i=241221785&mpid=11080&dfid=1

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25206797

Love Helen Joy

PS-Give Jess and hug for me and kiss that baby!

Unknown said...

i love #1.. and i'm with Stephanie, i bet you could do the mural no problem!