Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


All week as Mother's Day has been approaching I have been thinking about many friends and acquaintances who I know this day can be difficult for. For many Mother's Day is a day in which you get pampered...breakfast in bed, flowers, cute cards made by you kids, or picking out the perfect gift for your mom. I never realized how difficult Mother's Day can be for some until we lost Samuel. I struggled that year if I even wanted to go to church that day. I played over and over in my mind if I should stand when they recognized the mother's in the congregation. No one really knew what standing would mean for me. I instead decided to slip out to the bathroom during this portion of the service and I remember my sweet friend Shelbi meeting me there. The tears just fell. I was a mother...I wanted to be a mother more than anything...but I didn't feel like a mother that day.


I know there are so many women who long to be a mommy and are struggling. Mommies who have babies in heaven and their arms literally ache for their child. There are also many who have already lost their mother and this day is hard for them in a different way. Tomorrow as I celebrate God granting me my request to be a mother....I will be praying for these women! Praying that God will give you peace as you wait and a friend to comfort you if those tears just need to fall.

(Thank you Kevin for making me feel special this weekend! I love you!)

1 comment:

Kevin Gio said...

Well, I will make my first comment on your blog. I want to say you are the best wife any man could ever ask for. I thank the Lord everyday for my salvation and I am reminded everyday of that blessing because of you. I know Ella will always know how great you are and how much you love her because of the way you lover her daddy. I love you and I pray God continues to use you even when you feel like He is not.

P.S. I loved hanging out with you and Ella at hte beach.