Friday, February 27, 2009

New Shoes and Ice Cream!



Today ella and I headed out shopping with Kev's Aunt Pam-Pam (actually sounds more like Pee-Pee when ella tries to say it). We headed over to Southern Belles which is truly the most beautiful children's boutique. I have to admit that I have a real weakness for all things smocked, cute, and monogrammed. If I was rich I think I could do some real damage in that store...and believe me you'd have to be rich to do so. I love dressing ella cute. I feel like it is my job to find her cute clothes...on a budget. I do also realize and tell her everyday...that "pretty is as pretty does!" I do want much more for her than to be "cute!" But......We were so blessed that my sister loaned us all of my niece's dresses. What a blessing. I literally have so many beautiful hammy-downs (not sure how to spell that one)! I also like to sew and have found some easy dress patterns that turn into the cutest little jumpers...esp. with a monogram on them! So all that to say that we were in the most beautiful children's store admiring all the beautiful things. We went there because Aunt Pam had a dental patient who had on a super cute pair of shoes...and she said we just had to get ella a pair. She is a great Aunt like that. She spoils us often! They are so precious and will look super cute for the spring and Easter. They are the white ones with light pink flowers. I am so thankful for how the Lord blesses us more than we could ever ask or think...even in the little things like cute shoes.

After purchasing the shoes and ella almost destroying the displays (the lady needed her to get out of her stroller to check her shoe size)! I mean really lady...do you know what you are asking??? Seriously I think at one point she had 5 different shoes in her hands and was running off as fast as she could. It was quite an ordeal. I ended up hauling her out of the store kicking and screaming! What can I say...my girl knows a good pair of shoes when she sees them. We made it out the store ALIVE and headed over to good ole Baskin Robbins. I must give you a little background. I worked at one for about 4 years...all through high school. I know every flavor and used to eat it ummm...Way too much! The one that I worked at closed several years ago! I seriously hadn't had BR in years. I got my favorite....Peanut Butter and Choc. and ate the rest of ella's cookies and cream...my second favorite. It was heaven. So...what is your favorite BR flavor???

Please keep praying for Forester and his family.... Whitney especially! There is nothing harder for a mommy than to have a sick child. They need our continued prayers.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

well it runs in the blood sister! Isn't it funny that we all worked there (not that Joy REALLY counts since she only worked a summer)ha! Between my over scooping and "sampling" with those tester spoons, mr. peeples might still be open if I had followed the 4 and 6 once rule! My favorite flavor is a mixture.. i'm difficult.. but I love half cookies and cream and the other half chocolate chip cookie dough. love you and cute shoes..... can my one day daughter borrow the dresses and shoes too?