Monday, February 23, 2009

We're Communicating!

Ella and I have been communicating for quite a while...I know the tired face, the scared face, the mad face...the excited face. She's also done great communicating with her baby sign language...although this took a while and I was sure I must be doing something wrong...she finally caught on! (This is a funny side note....when ella starting signing my dad thought it was strange that I'd teach her sign language before she could talk! I think he thought I was being an overachiever and trying to have a really advanced child! They didn't do that kind of thing when we were little! Mom and I finally explained to him that this would help her communicate with us before she was talking!) So needless to say we've been communicating just fine!

After Ella taking her sweet little time with talking....we've all of a sudden we have had a language explosion! Which is so much fun! I love asking her a question and hearing a sweet reply! Today we were heading out the door and I said, "Do you want to go to Mimi's?"...and I heard the sweetest little yes! She is also saying: Papa, Mimi, Addie, Jack-Jack, Mommy, Daddy, She-sha (jessica), Ry-Ry(Ryan), Joy (which doesn't sound quite like it yet) Chad-chad, Pam-pam, Keys, juice, baby, na-na (no), bear, ball, owie (ow), bun (bunny), and will now repeat many words when asked too! She is finally also now saying many of her animal sounds. She knows: kitty-says ow instead of meow, doggie-ru, ru, cow-mmmm, lion-rah, duck-kak, kak. For horse bobbles up and down like she is riding a horse! Ella is also telling me that she has "pee-pee!" This shocked me the other day and I thought surely I had heard her wrong but then she started taking off her diaper! I got the message real quick! I am definitely not thinking that she is anywhere ready to potty train...I actually think she just likes trying out this new word! It is kinda nice now to know when she is ready for a new diaper! Okay, so that is the update on my beautiful and smart daughter who I love so much! Sorry if I've bored you but I know I'll want to remember this one day! And by the way I refuse to be one of those moms who walk in on meet the teacher night and the first thing they tell you about their child is that they are "advanced!" Parents....please don't do this...teachers HATE that! I am just so thankful for this little girl who can now communicate back with me!

1 comment:

eastandwest said...

Love the Ellaese. What a fun age. :)