Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Valentine's Day


My little Valentine!

Steaks YUM!

Cupcakes! I've eaten way too many!

Happy Valentines Day!

My cheap and easy Valentine Wreath!
Less than 10.00 and no glue, wire, etc..
I meant to post this on Saturday but I have been a bit of a blogging slacker lately! It takes way too long for my camera to upload pictures...I think I am doing something wrong. Oh well, it is finally done.

We had a rather quiet and relaxing Valentine's Day. Kevin let me sleep in a little...8am which was great..while he entertained the miss priss! I don't know the last time I've slept that late and it felt great. I got up and made some yummy strawberry cupcakes with pink icing and valentine sprinkles. Kevin had his usually busy morning with Upward Basketball at church. Ella and I just took it easy. I made a huge pot of vegetable beef soup and cornbread for lunch...it seemed right since it was cold and rainy outside! After lunch ella and I napped while Kev worked on school stuff! Later we ran to the mall to get a birthday present for my almost 8 year old niece and we returned home for Kevin to grill us steaks. He was in charge of dinner for Valentine's Day! We settled for a relaxing dinner at home which is much easier with ella. Kevin grilled some yummy steaks...and I decided to help and whipped up some mashed pot. (poor guy I think he thought we were only going to eat steak!) He'd been fine with that but I prefer some kind of side! They were so delicious!

No endearing cards or gifts this year..we just kept it easy! We both picked out a card a Wal-mart and we decided we really didn't want to spend 9 dollars on just cards. (Does anyone else feel like it was just Christmas?) Seems like these holidays are so close! It was a relaxing and enjoyable day with my 2 best Valentines!

1 comment:

Coach Harley said...

The card thing reminds me of my Mom. We used to shop together and she would drag me into the card shop to look at cards. She would say, "Read this, I'm not paying $3.99, but I mean every word." Today I soooo understand, and it makes me smile. I'm glad we're not the only ones who have done this.