Saturday, December 20, 2008

Recovery

Thanks so much for all the prayers and kind words of encouragement. I promise that soon my blog will be a happy and upbeat one!

Yesterday went as well as possible. We arrived at the hospital at 1:00 and the surgery was set for 3 pm. Well around 1:30 they took me back to my small little waiting room to prep me. Kev had to sit in the waiting room while they did that. I got changed into my lovely hospital attire and they told me to wait for my nurse. Well the river of tears began and the reality of the day hit. I cried and cried and when my nurse came in the first thing she said was, "Honey who did you bring with you today...I'll go get him." Once Kev got back there I felt better! What would I do without him. They got the IV going and put on some fancy leg warmers..they called it a leg massage (to prevent clotting) those things drive me crazy. So I was preparing for 3 o'clock. Well three came and went and finally around 3:45 the anesthesiologist came in and said the surgery was now set for 5! Whew....more waiting. The IV kept me busy..having to go the bathroom every 15 min....my poor nurse. My dad arrived and waited with us...my mom was busy chasing e all day. My dad has a very calming effect...I guess it is from years of hanging with people during difficult events! He prayed with us and chatted and stayed with kev until I was in recovery. Finally around five they came and got me. I was nervous...mainly just about being in the OR. I have a weird thing about hospitals...they freak me out a bit. I used to be terrified of needles...I mean I almost didn't go to college because I had to get 3 shots...no kidding. Well, the past 4 years have cured that fear for sure.
They wheeled me back and I remember my sweet doc. leaning over and telling me she was there. I love her. She has been there for me on the hardest days of my life. If you need a good OB/gyn in my area she is great! Then they gave me oxygen and off to dreamland I went. I think the procedure was about 30 min. and went well. I woke up very groggy in recovery and felt like I was dreaming. I got back to the room and got my favorite hospital treat...cold apple juice with crunchy ice cubes. I wasn't able to eat all day so I was hungry! The nurses dressed me...yes that was very weird...and wheeled me out! It was over my 10 week pregnancy was over.
I have to say that for someone who has such fear and anxiety about pregnancy...I love being pregnant. It is such an exciting and hopeful time as you begin to know that you family is growing. We need direction about what we need to do. We both want and long for a big family. We both always have. I am beginning to question if that is God's plan for us or just ours. I don't know why we have had such a hard time growing out family. It seems as though it is easy for so many...yet I know it has been very difficult for others as well.
I feel pretty good today. Just pretty sore but better than I expected. I am sad that once again we are back to square one...but hopeful as to what the future will hold as we try to remain faithful to the Lord. I love my dad's def. of faith. It is trusted in and holding to Jesus when people, situations, and circumstances say otherwise. And there is nothing that pleases the Lord like exercised faith. I pray we will be found faithful...even when we don't understand.
I'm gonna lay on the couch some more and find me a good Christmas movie to watch. Have a good night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you guys...

eastandwest said...

Thank you for teaching us to praise Him in the storm.

The Q family said...

We are lifting you up tonight. Your genuine faith is such a testimony. We love you!

Anonymous said...

I love you sissy....you are an inspiration to me!

Cameron said...

Julie, we've been praying for you and will continue to do so. I hope you are able to enjoy Christmas with your sweet little girl. Remember the Psalms - God can handle the full range of our emotions and questions as you've already seen.