Thursday, December 11, 2008

Asking for your prayers!


This is not the way I've intended for this post to go...but I am at the point in which I need my friends and loved ones to once again pray for the life of my unborn child. Yes, we are pregnant...surprise! I have been so proud of myself over the last weeks for keeping this secret. Those of you who know us know that in our 2 previous pregnancies we've began sharing the news almost immediately. This time for some reason I've been content to just wait! I've longed for the day when I could shock my friends by saying...hey by the way we are pregnant and in the 2nd trimester...I was gonna wait a while longer to share.


For those of you who don't know us well I'll give you a super fast version of my long pregnancy file..which I was told yesterday at the doc. was huge! First pregnancy...easy until 20 weeks and the bottom feel out...lost our little Samuel at 33 weeks! Struggled to conceive after losing Samuel...had two super early miscarriages or chemical pregnancies...pretty much got positives only to a few days to a week later lose it. Continued to struggle to conceive...resulted in 3 infertility procedures...and thankfully conceived on the 3rd with our precious little e. Sorry I know that was way more than you ever wanted to know about me.

So after weaning miss e a few months ago we began trying again. We both long for more children..they are such a blessing. bam...pregnant the first month. All I can say is thank you Lord because of the struggle that it was last time. So thankful...I've just been breezing through my first trimester...very sleepy and a little nauseous here and there...no complaints.

Yesterday was my first appointment. I should have been like 8 weeks and 5 days according to my calculations of my LMP...but knowing that it could be off even a week due to the fact my body was still a little crazy do to just weaning e. So once again I lay on the ultrasound table and my life flashes before me. I cannot tell you the anxiety associated with ultrasounds for me....literally the outcome can change you life forever! So here is what you all want to know. Our baby measured very small at only 6 weeks. I know and would bet my life that I have to be more than six weeks...I've had a positive preg. test for almost that long. The hopeful thing is that the baby did have a good heartbeat...just measuring so much smaller than we thought. I left in complete worry and barely slept last night.

I am asking the Lord..that His will be done. I know from past experiences He is loving and good and will not leave me in my time of need. My doc. who I am not sure is a Christian but who we have been able to witness to over the years actually was trying to remind me of my faith yesterday...I think it was weak. She told us that we had been through the worst situation she'd faced with Samuel and had one of the best pregnancies and deliveries she'd had with e! She even told us to rely on our faith until next Fri. when we go back for another scan.

So friends...not how I intended to share the news of this pregnancy...but once again we need to you petition the father for our child! Hoping one day to just have a simple, easy pregnancy...I know you all would be thankful for that! Please pray that I can keep busy and not let my mind drive me crazy until next Fri. Pray that this little baby will continue to grow and the little heart will continue to beat. Thanks

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, Julie. I can only imagine that this these last few years have been filled with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows....stretching your faith in ways you have never experienced before. I'm so thankful we have a God we can be real with...just resting in HIM as we cry and utter words that don't even make sense to us but they miraculously do to HIM. Please know we are praying for this little one as well as your body, soul and spirit. LOVE SARAH

Jaime said...

I know how you feel on your other post when you say it seems like yesterday that you got married, but sometimes it seems like a lifetime b/c of all the things you've been through. I'm the same exact way. I've shared our story with you...losing our first baby girl, Maggie, having extreme pregnancy problems with Ty, miscarriage after him, and then more extreme pregnancy problems with Brett. We have been through such dark times, but we know, as you know that God is faithful and God is good no matter what. If this baby doesn't grow and make it, God is good and God is faithful. He is faithful to be near to you and to give you comfort and the peace that only comes from Christ. On the other hand, God is able to make this baby strong and grow and live. That's what I pray for, but knowing that God's plan is perfect no matter what that is. I love you and am taking you to the Lord in prayer. Please update your blog Friday, and rest in Him until then!

The Q family said...

Julie,
I have already been praying for you, you've been on my heart a lot lately. Now I know what exactly to pray for! Rest in the fact that you rest in the Hands of an awesome God! I will be praying for this brand new life to continue growing and to get very strong. I will pray that God will give you peace in this time of fear and uncertainty. Know that we love you and are praying fervently for you and for this precious new life.

Christy said...

Julie,
We're praying for you. We miss you and Kevin so much; you're very dear friends. I have confidence God is in control. Hang in there! Christy

Anonymous said...

Julie, you are an amazingly strong woman and the way you have dealt with the last several years of your life is the picture of just that. I'm praying for your baby, you and Kevin. I'm praying that Gods will is done and He will continue to give you strength. I know He has such big plans for you and your family. Please call me if you need anything. Even if it's just to get your mind off things. We love you all very much.

Unknown said...

I saw your message on facebook, and before I got to this page...my heart knew. You, Kevin, and the baby are foremost in my prayers. I pray that you are able to lay all of your burden and fear in HIS hands. Unfortunately, that is a struggle all of us Moms are continually trying to overcome-even with the simplest of worries. But please know that HE is always faithful, and I am just around the corner if you kneed someone to vent with. I'll not only pray, but I will do your worrying for you.

Jenn. Ewart

Cindy Foote said...

Julie - all the way in TX we are crying out to God for you and your baby. I really can't imagine all the emotions involved in such a situation - especially with the story you guys have lived through thus far. Please keep us posted as we are not burdened at all to be lifting you guys up. Blessings - Billy and Cindy Foote

lauren said...

julie...saw your status on facebook :) thank you for sharing so we can be lifting you up before the throne:) i will be praying for you, your husband and your sweet baby!
lauren (whitney and staci's friend)

Kristi said...

Hi Julie...saw your facebook and just wanted you to know that Jonathan and I are praying for you, Kevin, and the newest Giordano =) May God give you and Kevin all peace and fullness of joy and may you be able to rest assured that, like you said, the God of the miraculous is always at work...praying in agreement with you that you'll be able to be anxiety free between now and Friday.
Kristi

eastandwest said...

Praying for you and your sweet family now. We love you guys and it is a privilege to lift you up.