Monday, December 15, 2008

A Busy Weekend!


Can't you tell he loves me taking pics. in public!

ready to eat!

My date!

Aren't you impressed! He even did the dots like the
cookie co. does!

First of all I'd like to thank each of you for your prayers and sweet comments. I can't begin to tell you the how the Lord began to lift my anxiousness on Thursday...not long after asking you all to pray. Thursday was my 29th birthday! Can't believe I am almost done with my 20's! I still see myself at about 22! Maybe I should look deeper into the mirror!

Kevin had already taken the day off for my birthday and to take his final exam for the class he has taken this fall. After a long restless night I woke up on Thursday to my husband who made me a delicious cookie cake...and french toast, two of my favs! I always say I want a cookie cake from the mall...those things are super expensive..and so my super frugal hubby decided he could do it himself...and he did! He researched...I guess on google...how to make a cookie cake...bought parchment paper (didn't know he even knew what that was) and bought a cake decorating kit! It looked great and tasted great too!

For my gift he made me a DVD of our honeymoon footage to Colorado and a few of our other vacations. We had never been able to watch the video because it was on a small video camera tape...and the camera didn't belong to us! Needless to say it was fun to watch..and see how much younger we looked...already!

Friday night Kev took me out to dinner! This was such a treat because this was our first date just him and I since the night before e was born. Don't get me wrong we've gone out a few times with friends but not just the two of us. We had a great time. We ate at one of my favorite downtown restaurants and strolled the streets! We had dessert at my all time favorite dessert place and then headed home!

Sat. we enjoyed our Sunday School class progressive dinner. We had over 40 people packed into vans, cars and houses. We had tons of delicious food and fellowship!

I am thankful for a busy week that distracted my brain from worry! Kev taught on Mary and Joseph yesterday. It was a great lesson and reminded me that as a servant of Christ my response always needs to be Yes Lord....just as Mary said it Luke 1:38
Mary said, "I am the Lord's servant, and I am willing to do whatever He wants."
I am trusting the Lord for a miracle on Fri. I am praying that the baby will have made a great growth spurt and be measuring closer to what we think it should be. I am praying that it will have a strong heartbeat. I am praying that I will praise the Lord for this answer to prayer.

All the while I am telling the Lord that He knows better than me what this child needs. He knows better than me what I need. More than I need a child... I need to become more like Christ...and I know He will be faithful to me on the mountain and in the valley!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just heard your news from Becky and Tara! We are so thrilled for you guys and will continue to lift this little life up in prayer.