Friday, December 19, 2008

Earthly Home vs. Heavenly Home


Today I have once again added children to my heavenly home. This morning we arrived at my ob and I was a nervous wreck...sweating while freezing cold...and stomach in a mess...knowing that our future would be determined by this appointment.

My doctor who I love began the ultrasound and I knew by the look on her face that we'd lost our little one. The heart had stopped beating and no more growth had occurred. Once we knew I began to calm down a little ...at least I knew.


I am scheduled for a D&C this afternoon...which is super fast..but which the holidays approaching this seemed like the best option for us. I have to be there at one and the surgery should be around 3pm.


What do I KNOW....What am I telling myself today!


1. God will be with me and my doc. in the operating room today.

2. Disappointments are really His appointments.

3. God loves me and is not against me.

4.God has plans to prosper me and not to harm me.

5. If this earthly life was perfect...I wouldn't be thankful to get to heaven.

6. God has richly blessed us.

7. My doctor may not know the Lord in a personal way and this gives me yet another means to be a light for her.

8. Samuel has a new brother or sister in heaven today. My mom who has never been wrong on the gender of any grandchild thought this was another boy...so did we.

9. God has given me a precious little girl who is active and growing and needs me each day.


Thank you friends for your prayers.

6 comments:

eastandwest said...

Oh, Julie. There are no words. Please know that we are lifting you up today.

WhitneyB said...

Oh sweetie, I am sorry. From one who has been there 3 times over it hurts the same every time and I know the sorrow you feel. God knows what's best, He'll use it for His glory, but it still hurts so much. I am hurting with you. Let me know if I can do anything...XOXO

crystal said...

Julie..
I have been praying since last week..and will continue to do so. I am so very sorry..rest in His strength..
Crystal

The Q family said...

Julie, I am so sorry. I just want you to know that I am praying for you.

Unknown said...

Praying through misty eyes right now. Matthew and I are so sad for you guys, but expecting that the God of all comfort will grant you His peace that passes all understanding.

Christy said...

Julie & Kevin,
Please know our whole family has been and will continue to be praying for you. Our girls have been praying every night for you all and we will now ask for God to give you comfort through this time. We are so sorry for your loss. BJ & Christy