Saturday, December 6, 2008

6 years Ago Tonight...


Us in Tuscon Arizona

San Diego, California

Disney Cruise!

One of the only pic. we have of when I was preg. with
Samuel. What a great husband who was with me every step
of the way!

.......Kev asked me to be his wife. At times it seems like only yesterday and then at times it seems like we've lived two lifetimes since then. Just for memory sake...I'll take you on a walk down memory lane. I was expecting the proposal any day. We had already put a down payment to build a house...I knew it was coming. In fact I asked my dad everyday if he had seen or spoken to Kevin that day. It was a Fri. night and we went out on a date..which back then we did pretty much every Fri. and Sat. night....my how things change! We went downtown to a great Italian restaurant....and I was anxious and excited...just ready for him to pop the question already! Well we ate...and no ring...instead of strolling the beautiful street of our hometown we headed to the truck. I wanted to suggest a stroll..thinking it would make a perfect scene...him on one knee...old homes in the background...Christmas lights twinkling below....but I refrained...hoping he had a plan. So in the truck we got and he proceeded to leave downtown...couldn't for the life of me figure out what the plan was...I mean this had to be the night. As we were almost leaving downtown he made a turn and headed toward a local gazebo. We got out and strolled a bit and sat on the steps of the gazebo...my heart was pounding ...I knew it was coming. He got down on one knee and said a bunch a sweet things..that I really can't remember but to the effect that he knew God wanted him to marry me and he placed the most beautiful ring I'd ever seen on my finger. One thing about Kev..if he is gonna buy something..say a tv, refrigerator, or ring...he's gonna research the thing to death and buy the best...and he sure did. I think he thought if he got me a great ring he'd never be required to buy jewelry again. Needless to say we were over the moon excited. We had a strange dating relationship....met on a blind date the previous Jan. dated until June...broke up (he needed to find his way..poor guy...but the best thing that ever happened to our rel.)...in Sept. we started hanging out only as friends...every night after work he'd come over to my parents. We kept it totally a friendship...even though I really liked him...and then in Nov. he told me he loved me! I think the next weekend we were house shopping and the next weekend we got engaged. Sometimes I'd think...this is so fast. Especially when compared to previous relationships we'd both been in...but one thing I can say is that the Lord always gave me complete peace about marrying Kev. I am so glad I did!

No comments: