Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

We just returned home last night from a wonderful vacation to Disney World. I am generally a home body and by the time a vacation is over I am ready to come home and get back to our normal life. Not this time....I'd give anything to do it all over again...even the few stressful, hot and unpleasant moments. It was a much needed getaway. The week prior to going I had been in such a "funk"...for the lack of a better word. I just felt so stressed, grouchy, and blah. It was wonderful to have some time away to enjoy each other. We went with my sister Jess, her hubby and son. It was great to get to spend some good quality time with them....we may not let them return home!! We are surely going to miss them! More...lots more on our vacation...later!! Get ready for picture overload later this week!

I have had a great mother's day today. This morning ella ran into the bathroom and said, " Happy Mother's" and that was it! I guess she forgot the rest of what Kevin prompted her to say. She also took an extra long nap as we are all trying to recover from our vacation late nights...and this mommy was thankful for my long nap today too.

I know for a fact that today is a hard day for some women out there. Four years ago, Mother's Day was especially hard for me. I debated on if I could even make it to church that day. I was a mother...I had carried a baby, delivered a baby, held my baby, and loved my baby...yet my arms and heart were so very empty. We were in the middle of our season of trying desperately to get pregnant. I remember wishing so much that we would have been that day! I deliberated if I should stand when they recognized the mother's in our congregation that morning. Instead I opted to go to the restroom to avoid that portion of the service. I will never forget that a friend followed me knowing the difficulty and sadness I was feeling. I decided that year to always try to write a card for one mother I knew might be having a difficult time that day. Each year the Lord always lays someone different on my heart.

This year we dedicated Eliza at church today. In our hearts, we dedicated her little life back to the Lord the day she was born just as we have each of our children, but we wanted to publicly dedicate her as we feel that is honoring to the Lord. I love that little peanut so much. She is such a sweetheart. Ella calls her our little sweetheart and she is. My heart is so full and so blessed!

No comments: