Thursday, May 13, 2010

Disney Day 1

On our first day at Disney we headed to the Magic Kingdom. I have been to Disney a few times in my life and this by far was my favorite trip! I have never been big into the whole Disney gear and pin trading....don't quite understand that...but I would have to say that I am now a huge fan. We are back on a big time budget but Kev said that whatever is left in my envelopes at the end of each month can go into our vacation fund. That is good motivation for me right now!!


Day 1 in front of the castle


The Epps on Ryan's favorite ride..."It's a Small World!"


Eliza thought it was pretty cool!


Life's good when you get carted and carried around the park!
This picture made my whole trip worthwhile...this is when ella first saw the real
Mickey and Minnie. I think she thought the statue in the lobby of our hotel was who we'd came to see...until this moment!
Of course she wasn't a bit shy....why in the world would I have even thought she might be....She grabbed Minnie's hands and began to dance a jig.! Perhaps she was doing the hotdog dance!!
Ella and Mickey!

Say Cheese!

We arrived at the front of the castle a little late for the show. We caught the end of it. A lady ran over my foot with a wheelchair...that had a person riding in it! Ouch!!!

We had 3 nappers who missed the show!

Mommy and ella waiting for the 3:00 Parade! It was hot!! We left after the parade and headed back to the room for a bit!
There is a story behind this one...eliza threw up at dinner. I think she got choked on her baby food! It was a mess....a huge mess. Kev being the super dad that he is agreed to walk back to the room and clean her, her car seat, and meet us back at the restaurant. When he got back I began to laugh so hard...he dressed our little bitty eliza in ella's 3T outfit. It was fine.....it worked...he tried! It was so funny!

Ella was a little more shy with the princesses! I think she was star struck!

I never knew Sleeping Beauty was named Aurora! Did you??
Princess Belle!

We ended the night by watching the fireworks. We were at the back of the park and it was loud and not the best viewing position. It also was super crowded trying to get out of the park and on the monorail. We learned our lesson for the rest of the week. Ella liked the fireworks but was also scared. She kept getting confused on what they were called and kept calling them...firemen and fireplace. It was so funny!
Tune in tom..Day 2 Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom!!

1 comment:

julie said...

So fun! I can't wait to take Jude. So nice that you and Jess could take your families together!