Monday, August 23, 2010

What's been a happening!

1. Eliza turned 11 months on Sunday, which means she is officially almost a one year old.  She took her first two steps today, which means that we will soon have a walker on our hands.  I cannot believe that almost a year ago I was put on bed rest with the little peanut.  A little bit of bed rest sounds a little nice on a day like today!  Just Kidding...that was NO fun!

2.  Ella will be starting to Mother's Day Out preschool program at our church in a few weeks.  She is so excited about going to school.  I hope she won't be utterly devastated when she realizes that it is just the church nursery that she frequents often.  I think she will really enjoy playing with friends and mommy is looking forward to having a little down time with just Eliza.  We have big plans to get any and all shopping/cleaning done on those mornings.  I think it will be good for all of us!!

3.  We had a garage sale on Saturday.  I say every time we do it that I will never ever have another.  They are so much work.  It was so HOT and I only got 2 hours of sleep the night before due to pricing things and my Mocha Frappe that I had after dinner.  When I get really really tired I have the strangest thing happen...my eyelids droop and I can barely open my eyes.  I am sure this happens to a lot of people hence the expressions "I need toothpicks to hold my eyelids open" and "droopy eyelids."  But it seriously happens to me.  One old garage sale lady said, "sweetie, are you feeling okay?"  It was a ton of work but worth it as we made some good money and we got rid of A LOT!!!!

4.  I am starting to plan for my girls birthday parties.  Eliza is having a little "owl" themed family party and Ella is going to have her first ever friend party...it's going to be a Barnyard Birthday Bash!  I bought some cheap graphics for $2.50 and I am planning on making the decor myself.  I really do enjoy party planning...esp. for my girls. 

5.  Kevin is...busy!!

6.  Eliza is cutting both eye teeth before getting her upper two front teeth!  How silly is that!

7. Ella's new favorite word is fantastic!

8.  I can't wait for fall!

1 comment:

Sara said...

My daughter cut her two eye teeth MONTHS before the middle two came in on top! It looked so silly, but so unique and cute at the same time! Your girls are just precious!