Monday, August 30, 2010

A post dedicated to my man!

Today is my hubby's 32nd Birthday!  We called and sang him happy birthday this morning, as I was not yet quite awake when he kissed me goodbye.  I had some terribly hilarious pictures of him that I wanted to scan and use in this blog, but I am not quite sure how to use the scanner.  Let's just say that they are of him in his younger days and might involve a permed mullet!  Yes, sir...he was quite a looker! Oh my, they are hilarious!!!  Praise the Lord that in his great plan we didn't meet in late middle school or things might not have turned out so well.  In his defense, his family had just moved back to the states from Turkey, so maybe that was a really cool look there! 

I have to say that I am so thankful for Kevin.  This past year has been very eye-opening for the both of us as we have seen more couples than we wish to count on the brink of divorce.  It has not only been eye-opening, but has really showed us both how blessed we are. 

Kevin is such a hard worker.  I mean he gets up early and hits the ground running.  He is constantly reading, studying and listening to sermons and lectures.  Yet, in the midst of all the things that he is doing, he always is willing to help others.  This past year I have watched him as he has put his own agenda aside to encourage and give Godly counsel to many men who are turning to him for help.  He is such a giver and loves helping and giving to those in need. I have seen the Lord using him in new ways. 

One example of his giving heart is that he works downtown and is always taking food, socks, shoes and clothing to homeless men he sees around his office.  He is always looking for ways to help them and ways to tell them about Christ.  Just recently he has had a homeless man refuse to take the canned food and water he offered him.  This really bothered him since it has been so hot and this man sits on the bench not far away from his window....all day every day.  I am so proud of him for even trying.  God has blessed our family so much and I feel a lot of it is due to Kevin's love and passion to give to others.

Kev is an awesome bible teacher.  I know I am partial, but I enjoy listening to him teach each week.  I love that he is bold and courageous in his stand for Christ, yet is always the first to shed a tear... or maybe I should say weep...over what Christ has done for us.  He is passionate about God's Word and very compassionate towards others.  I have seen the Lord working in his life throughout these past 8 years in an incredible way. 

Kev is my best friend.  We went away this past weekend for the first time since we had Ella.  We had so much fun together.  We felt a freedom to just spend the day focusing on each other in a way that we hadn't in quite a while.  We cherish time alone so much more these days.  I love that he is super committed to me and our girls. 

I love that he has been there in the valley with me.  He gets the loss of a child.  He gets the joy of our girls.  He understands my tendency to over organize his stuff and he loves me anyway.  There is no one else I'd rather laugh with, shop with (he is really a good shopper) or follow hard after Christ with.  You are my man and I love you so!  I can only imagine how much more I will love you when you are 62.   

2 comments:

Jenilee said...

i married a shopper too! my husband loves to shop. He just turned 31! :) Happy birthday to Kevin!

The Tylers said...

Ahhh...what a GREAT post! Happy Birthday Kevin. I just had to tell you that I constantly tell Jamie that had I met him while he still had the redneck mustache going on that there would be no 'jamie and lee.' I hope you learn how to scan those pictures!