Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Randomness

I click on my blog daily to read my fav. blogs from my blog list and then the thought comes to mind that I need to blog and then my next thought is...about what!  Don't get me wrong...there is lots going on around here I assure you, but not so much that is blog worthy.

Ella is busy and growing and continues to fill our home with lots of laughter each day.  She is really into playing pretend these days and I love to watch her.  In fact, as I type this she is in her rose petal cottage with Minnie mouse in the highchair fixing her an orange.  Although she is a girl on the go, she loves days like today when we have no real plans other than being lazy and playing around the house.  My favorite saying of hers at the present is, "Why sure mommy, I'd love too!"  She has done really well learning her ABC's and knows most of her letters and letter sounds.  I highly recommend Tad's letter factory and leapfrog fridge phonics.  She is spunky and sweet and I love her so much!

Eliza is growing....we had a pound and a half growth last month.  WOW!  She loves table food and seriously eats more than her big sister at most meals.  She is pulling up and standing alone some now.  When I go to put her down she wants to stand rather than sit.  She is the sweetest little thing and we think she is trying to say Ella which sounds a lot like lalala.  She cried for the first time when I left her in the nursery last week and when when start walking towards her class her little grip gets tighter and tighter around my arm.  I cannot believe she is almost one.  She is such a sweet little blessing!

Speaking of first birthdays...my sister, joy, was picking on me this morning for all my birthday planning.  I really do love planning their birthdays, and I want to make sure I try to do the same for Eliza that i did for Ella's (not that they will remember).  I think Eliza is going to have an owl party and Ella is going to have a carnival party this year.  This will be Ella's first year to invite a few friends to her party.  When I asked her what friends she wanted to come she only said , "Mrs. Sherry"  who is her teacher at church.  Their birthdays are two weeks apart so it will be a busy, but fun birthday season.

Life is still in limbo for us.  We feel called to make some changes, yet unsure of our direction.  We are knocking on some doors and seeking God's direction.  We are downsizing and simplifying our house and lives, which is always a good thing.  I am loving this two week break that Kev has before his busy fall begins.

Well, Eliza is done napping it's lunchtime for Ella.  happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

happy wednesday to you too!