Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's Official..

I must really be a grown up because I now drive a mini-van. I have many friends who vow to never drive one, but if they only saw how roomy they are they might just change their minds. Can I just tell you how thankful I am to have a car again. We sold Kev's truck a few weeks ago so I have been car less. Thankfully, my mom has been gracious enough to cart us around with her some so that I wouldn't completely lose my mind. Have said before that I don't do well staying at home? After weeks of bed rest and then no vehicle I think we may go for a very long ride today! I am so thankful that the Lord led us to a great deal after weeks and weeks of looking at cars. I am even more thankful that we only had to pay a little extra after the sale of Kevin's truck. My wonderful hubby sold his second truck within our 6 years of marriage...for the sake of our family! He's a keeper. I think it only took about one time of me having to crawl over the middle console into the little space in the back of the explorer to convince him that we could use a little more space.

Although it is not a new van or perhaps the color I'd have chosen if I'd had my top pick, it is nice and will be great for us. We decided a long time ago after buying a new vehicle shortly after we married that we'd never ever go into car debt again. I am thankful that so far we have been able to stick to that!

The man we bought it from told us that he was born a Muslim and is now an atheist. My dad and Kev were able to witness to him some and left him with a gospel track and DVD. We are praying that the Lord will soften his heart and that he'll find the Lord one day.

1 comment:

The Carters said...

Congrats on the new ride! You need to post a picture :)