Friday, August 28, 2009

Shower and etc.

35 weeks 1 day
This past week the sweet girls in my Sunday School class threw me a baby shower for eliza. It was so sweet...esp. since they just did this two years ago for ella. For second showers we usually go to a restaurant and have a girls night out plus the goodies and cake. I love showers like this because you don't feel on the spot opening gifts and who doesn't like a night out with friends. I got so many cute things for eliza and I was excited to have some "shower pictures" for her scrapbook...too bad her mommy cannot take a decent pic. Seriously!! In every action shot I am making some crazy face (I left those out by the way)!

I didn't realize that ella was coming down with yet
another stomach bug! Thankfully I haven't taken it yet!




I am now almost 36 weeks and feeling both ready and anxious at the same time. My body screams...we gotta get this baby out and my head says...life is about to take a major change. I feel a lot more prepared this time around as far as some things...nursing, general care for a baby, what to expect,... etc. but yet more realistic too. I can just picture myself in the middle of target with ella trying to jump ship from the stroller and eliza screaming and me in a hot flash...and it's enough to think we need a few more weeks! I cannot wait though to see what she looks like! That is such a fun part of having a baby...seeing it for the first time. I also cannot wait to have ella come to the hospital and see her. Don't worry I am very prepared for her to a) not be at all interested b) want to hold her and kiss her immediately and think she is her mommy or c)get angry at mommy holding her and be ready to send her back! All three options would totally be possible for her, but I just can't wait to see my two girls together.
Last night I completed my many many sewing projects. I seriously have sewn almost everyday this summer. I have made bedding, tons of curtains, pillows, matching jumpers for ella and eliza, burp cloths, pants for ella, 2 slings, 2 nursing covers, and etc. I have never been so glad to put that thing away with my many projects completed. I don't plan to sew again for a long time!
Tonight I am off to hear Beth Moore at our church's live simulcast! I am really looking forward to it. I really could use a renewal weekend spiritually. The two or three weekend events that I have attended before have always really spoken to my heart at very different times in my life. I am looking forward to what the Lord has for me this weekend and praying for some revival in my heart and life.

No comments: