Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts

It's Thursday, which means it is the day that I normally try to muster up my motivation and clean up this messy house.  It is really bad this week.  I'm not sure I have it in me to face the disaster.  In light of this mess, I can be thankful that a messy house which was created by my loving family.  I am sure I added to it too.  I usually give up somewhere around Tuesday. 

Ella is going to be Jessie from Toy Story for our church's Fall Festival.  I had bought her a cute cowgirl outfit with the cutest red cow girl boots form a local consignment store for her to wear.  Secretly, I knew she would make the cutest little Jessie ever!  Her Daddy knew it too and he ordered it for her off of e-bay!  Now we just need to rent Toy Story so she will know who Jessie is!!!  Those red boots are too cute!
I really enjoy scrapbooking.  I know some people loathe it, but for me I enjoy the creative outlet it allows me!  The only thing is that it is one more thing TO DO!  I am scared to get too far behind in fear that I will never again get caught up.  I have made the decison that after this year, I will only scrapbook a baby book for any remainding children the Lord blesses us with.  I will do our yearly family scrapbook on-line.  It will be cheaper, easier and smaller.  Ella and I are the only ones who really enjoy looking at them anyways.  Whew...I feel better already.

Okay, I have a confession.  We just moved Eliza into her room last week at 13 months.  I know!  I know!!  She has napped in there every single day during the day so it was not a new space for her.  I have this thing about my girls being in their rooms.  Fear seems to grip me most at night and I struggle with the what if's.  Eliza's room is even a bit further than ella's and this made it even harder.  I have a large walk-in closet and she has slept in there once she got old enough to call my name if she woke up!  It was dark, furnished with a small crib and close to mommy.  She slept well, we slept well....but it was time (actually past time)!  Thankfully, she is doing great and mommy is too! I have learned to do what works for us as parents!

And last but not least....


1 comment:

Carrie said...

I think it is great to do online scrapbooks. I have done one large one(12x12) for each baby's 1st year, and 1 for each year for our family. I work on it, but wait until Shutterfly has a 30% off and free shipping promotion. I end up making them big and adding lots of pages, so it adds up -- usually around $60, but SO worth it... I couldn't buy materials and time for that.

Also, I get smaller books (8x10 or 8x8) for events like a big party, a trip, holiday, or a photo shoot etc where I have too many good pictures. and the small books are cheaper.

With Charlotte just turning 5, I did think I might make a book for each kid every 5 years with the best if pics and favorite memories, that way they will have 3-4 books to keep one day.

I think your little precious will make a GREAT cowgirl!