Saturday, October 9, 2010

She's 3!!!








It's hard to believe that my little Ella is THREE!  Three years ago I was sitting in that tiny hospital room enjoying every minute of being a mom, while trying to get a very sleepy baby girl to nurse.  That was a learning experience for sure.  

Three years have passed and she have grown into the most beautiful, spunky and loving little girl!  This past year was a tough one for us.  The combination of having a new baby sister and dealing with the terrible two's...there were days and moments that I felt super inadequate as a mommy.  As the year progressed we have seen you emerge so much more mature and obedient, and we are so thankful for that.  Last year when you turned two you still slept with your paci and were in diapers and this year you are like a little girl.  You have grown so much this past year.

This year we have seen you grow so much in your knowledge and love for the Lord.  Your favorite Bible stories are Noah's Ark and (still) Jesus healing the blind man.  You are still a bit obsessed with that story in your little Bible.  You can't seem to get over Jesus putting mud on the man's eyes.  We have seen you grow so much in your understanding of the cross and that Jesus died for our sins, and you are also a bit fascinated with looking for crosses (even if it is just a telephone pole).  Your prayers have gained depth and you never cease to surprise us.  Every night during your bedtime devotions you require us all to get "bend down" faces to the carpet in order to talk to God.  I love to hear you say, "Dear God, thank you for all the blessings you have given us.  Thank you for my family.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen!"  I cannot wait to see how you continue to grow in your love and understanding of the Lord this next year.  We pray fervently that you will come to Christ at a young age and grow to be a girl of faith and conviction. 

We have also seen you grow so much in knowledge.  You have amazed me with you love of letters and their sounds.  You know all your letters and their first sounds (thanks Leapfrog) and I really think you will be easy to teach to read.  I am looking forward to that!  You can also write your name which is so cute.  Your artwork is beginning to look more like "something!"  Last week you drew a great sun for the first time.  I love watching you learn new things.

You love people!  You are outgoing, friendly and you just love life.  I pray you will always be like this.  You crack me up when we are out shopping and someone says hi to you and you always reply, "Hi, this is my mommy and this is my Lizzie!'  You always make sure we are all introduced.  You love your family and have grown into a great big sister.  You are a good helper for me.  The other day when I picked you up from school I told you that Eliza had been calling your name all morning and when you got in the car you knelt down and said, "I missed you too sweetheart!"  Melt your mama's heart! 

One way I know that you have matured so much is that I am now willing to take you grocery shopping at Wal-mart and let you walk.  Let me tell you...this is huge!!!  Your listening and obedience have grown so much!  This would not have been an option a year ago!  This has made getting out of the house a lot more enjoyable and easier for us. 

Ella, I love you more than I could put in words.  I would rather hang out with you than almost anyone!  You make me smile everyday and you never cease to bring laughter and love to our home.  We are so thankful for you and the sweet little girl you are becoming.  We can't wait to watch you grow this next year!  Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

1 comment:

julie said...

i love these pictures! she's so cute!