Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Update

1) I have lots to blog about, but I need to upload a ton of photos first!
2) I still don't know how to upload pictures from my new camera.  You have to do something weird like converting files. So, for now, I will wait on Kev who is swamped with paper writing.
3) Eliza's first little tooth popped in today.  Glory to GOD in the Highest!!! 
4)Each child is so different.  Ella never had any trouble or really any fussiness when teething.  In fact, I used to not really believe people when they blamed issues on teething.  Let's just say...Miss Eliza has had some issues.  Poor thing...she has been so fussy which is not like her! 
5) Ella has been calling Eliza and I her PALS lately! 
6) I am usually a pretty motivated person, but I have been so lazy lately!!
7) I am dying for highlights and a trim.  I have 50.00 in my hair envelope (aka budget) and my next installment is still a bit away.  What to do...what to do!
8) Eliza LOVES real food.  She is chowing on black beans, peas and carrots, avocado, peaches, pears, , pasta, cheese and anything else that is mushable!  Maybe the Lord IS answering my prayers for a good eater in her. 
9) We had a great time watching the fireworks on the beach on the 4th.  I did put Ella on a leash (aka) backpack(It was pitch black and crowded in my defense).  Some people have very strong opinions on these, as did my husband.  Let's just say, Ella keeps me humble.  I'd rather lose my pride, than my child.  I can think of nothing worse.  And yes...we do discipline...A LOT!
10)I really wish my girls liked to sleep in a little like their mama.  They are always up around 6:30am.  I am just NOT a morning person as much as I wish I was. 
11) Ella uses expressions now like, "Of course" and "Probably!"  It always makes me laugh.
12) Ella is a pottying queen now!  She prides herself at climbing on the pot all by herself.  I love when I find her taking a sitting.  She is no longer terrified of a public potty.  In fact, she finds them quite entertaining. 
13) I have this thing with dressing my girls to match holidays.  I think it correlates with my obsession when I taught school to have desk tags that correlated to the season or holiday!  I love seasonal wear...what can I say.  (In my mind, I am picturing me wearing a long jean jumper with leaves....and no this is not the seasonal wear I am thinking of...and no I do not own one)!
14) I somehow gained 4 pounds over the fourth.  I am serious!  I think I have figured out how....we made homemade Oreo ice cream and it was the best thing I have ever eaten in my life...and I have eaten a lot of ice cream!  I looked at one of the whipping cream containers that was leftover and that stuff has 5 grams of fat per Tablespoon!  Let's just say it had a lot of it and that was only one ingredient.  Maybe I should be glad it was only 4.  Don't you just hate that!
15) Since I am talking food...I love love love sliced and salted avocado.  Of course I would love the most fattening vegetable...or is it a fruit???  Either way...I love them.  I buy them for Eliza (she needs the fat) and we share! 

have a great night...pics to come!

No comments: