Friday, July 9, 2010

Eliza's late update (8 and 9 months)

I am terribly late on updating my blog on Eliza's growth and stats.  I love being able to look back and see what she was doing at different stages as she grows.  I am so late posing this time...seeing that she is almost 10 months!  I cannot believe her first year is almost over.  I have already begun thinking about her first birthday, knowing that it will be here before I know it.

At nine months:
Eliza weighs about 16 pounds and is 28 inches long.  I have vowed to stop worrying about why she is a little on the smaller side in weight, and just accept that God made her that way.  She is rather petite and dainty and such a sweetie.  I am still nursing her twice a day and she is taking formula for three feedings.  I hope to wean her by her first birthday.  This has helped us so much because she was not wanting to nurse much at all during the day.  She was distracted by every peep her big sister made...and her sister makes lots of those.  I felt like I was spending all day trying to get her to nurse...which is not fun and restricing to what we could do.  Her drinking some formula has helped so much because I can monitor exactly how much she has taken in and I'm not constantly having to nurse and stop and nurse and stop.  Things are just different when you have more than one child and I am learning to monitor and adjust! This was a great adjustment for us.

Eliza is now on the move.  She is pulling up and starting to cruise from one item/furniture to another.  She loves crawling after her sister.  She follows Ella all over the house.  Eliza is becoming more and more of a daddy's girl and wanted him over mommy for the first time the other day.  I could tell this made his day!  She has got the cutest little wave and can blow a kiss.  She loves to clap and patty cake and loves her little pink blankie square like crazy.  She loves to nuzzle her face right in it and love it like she's missed it all day.  She generally crawls while carrying it in one hand.  She can hold her own cup now and she likes to drink it in the swing.  A few weeks ago, she began refusing to eat more than a bite or two of anything on a spoon.  I was leary to start her on table food since she had no teeth, but she has done great.  She is a little eating machine.  Last night she sat and ate continually for about 35 minutes.  So far she has tried:  peas and carrots, black beans, baked beans, avocado, rice, pasta, chicken, bread, tortilla, banana, apples, pears, and peaches (cooked and softened).  She pretty much has eaten anything we have given her so far...and don't worry Mimi, I mush it all really good!

She gets upset when sissy takes toys from her or when mommy has put her somewhere to sit and walks by without getting her.  She goes to sleep well, but is often very fussy if she gets woken up early by....sissy!

Eliza, I love you so much.  I love when I pick you up and you pat my back.  I love when you say mama.  I love to watch you eat and make a huge mess, because I know you are getting your little tummy nice and full.  I love to watch you chase your sister around the house.  I love to see you get excited when daddy walks in the door.  I love to watch you reach your hand out of the car seat to hold onto sissy's hand.  I love to hear your little squeals and laughs.  I love seeing how happy your blankie makes you.  I love you and I think you are such a wonderful little girl.  I am so thankful that the Lord preserved your little life throughout some challenging times in your pregnancy and I am so thankful that He has a wonderful plan for you.  Love, mommy

1 comment:

Libby said...

Julie, she has the brightest blue eyes! Both of your girls are beautiful!