Thursday, July 15, 2010

Long days, Short Years

I read an article in a local Parent Magazine and it was entitled, Long days, Short Years.  As soon as I read the title, I completely related.  Somedays, I feel as though I am breezing through this stage of motherhood, cherishing the snuggles, the messes, the fun conversations with Ella, and the joy that my girls bring to me.  Other days are LONG and it is all I can do to make it until I hear the beep of their daddy's remote alarm locking his car and we see him walk in the door.  Somedays I feel overwhelmed with discipline, tantrums and selfishness, that it leaves me questioning my methods and job as a mom.  Some days are LONG.

When I look at my Ella who has completely lost her baby look except when she cries and I can still see that little round face that and pouty lower lip that I fell so deeply in love with almost three years ago...I cannot believe she is growing into such a little girl.  When I realize that Eliza is not too far from walking, eating real food, and is changing into a busy and moving toddler..... I wonder how in the world has time past so fast.  It makes me want nothing more than to slow us down and bottle up every little second with my little girls.

I want to cherish them each day...even on the LONG days when I feel like a rotten mom.   Even on the days when we've done nothing but play in the playroom, make more messes than anyone can count, and practice the art of sharing for the one billionth time.  I want to love them as you love them Lord and teach them to love you supremely.  Lord, Help me value these SHORT years on the LONG days!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Julie-I just came to your blog from Lee Tyler's. Your girls are absolutely beautiful! I think about your family often and am so glad to get to catch up a little!