Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back Home

We are back at home resting today after a super charged busy, stressful, fun, and overwhelming few days! It all started last Thursday with a wedding rehearsal (Kev was the officiant) dinner, babysitters aka mimi and papa, and a very late night. It progressed to a Friday night wedding, more babysitters aka grandpa and grammy, to another very late night, cleaning packing, rushing and being VERY, VERY off our schedule! Then we left early Sat. morning to drive to Atlanta for an afternoon wedding rehearsal (ella was the flower girl and Kev read a prayer), followed by a dinner cruise, which led to yet another late night! Sunday was busy because I didn't pack a dress and flew out early to the Mall of Georgia in a mad scramble to find something. Thankfully I did find a cute black dress that was on sale!! We had to arrive at the wedding 2 1/2 hours early to get ella ready and take a few pics. Then we had to keep her clean and out of mischief until the wedding started! Oh yea...and we are potty training!!


We didn't know how to feel without our girls!


So proud of Kev. He did a great job and he looked
really cute...if I do say so myself!


My wonderful parents!!
It was a great weekend and it was a lot of fun seeing old friends and sharing in these special weddings....but whew!!! One thing I have learned once again is that I am not a super woman and I cannot do it all!! The Lord continues to teach me this!
This past weekend ella was so off schedule, out of her normal environment and pushing every limit. It was hard and a bit worrisome since she had to walk down an isle and act accordingly! My nerves were shot, and I assure you Kev and I were more nervous and stressed out than the bride. The bride and her family were great and weren't a bit concerned, but when it is your child...it is concerning! She did great and at the end of the isle after dumping the remaining petals exclaimed, "I did Great!" She was whisked away by mean old mom because she wouldn't sit down, and I feared she might run back to stand with the bridal party as she wanted to do in the rehearsal! We made a swift exit which left Kev with eliza who was sitting in a stroller eating puffs. I knew he would have to get up to read the prayer of blessing, leaving little e all alone! I prayed the entire time that she would go to sleep....as ella ate her reward skittles and hopped up and down some stairs. Thankfully, eliza slept. Kev read, and we didn't crash the wedding!!
Don't be deceived!!! This only lasted about 20 sec.
Do we look at frazzled as we felt??
Possibly drinking the fountain water??
Eliza being my Eliza! She was a trooper!
So cute!!
We spent most of the reception outside doing
this!!
Mommy and eliza
Mommy and ella!

Could the princess be tired??

In other news....Kev and I celebrated 7 years of marriage yesterday, while driving 6 hours with two tired and crabby little girls. We dined on chick-fli-a and chips! To be honest there is no one else I'd rather be trapped in a car with two cranky girlies eating fast food with! That is true love to the max!! Oh how life changes!!

Oh...and eliza is full time crawling and pulling up! I hate this stage when you put them in their beds and they just sit up! She is a pro at her cup and is loving some formula! Praise you Lord! I am thinking weaning may come earlier than one year, which is my goal! That is totally fine. I am learning that you do what works to survive. I also like that I can monitor how many ounces this peanut is taking in better! We'll see!

Okay...time to get up! The princesses will be waking soon!

3 comments:

carissa said...

happy 7 years!!! the black dress is just gorgeous! you look great! oh, and ella's dress is adorable!

julie said...

congrats on 7 years of marriage! your family is so BEAUTIFUL! sounds like you had a crazy time this weekend! it stresses me out for jude to be off schedule too. i also really like your black dress! it's really cute!

The Q family said...

Busy weekend, but you look gorgeous!!! I can't believe that dress was a last minute find. Ella looked adorable in her flower girl dress! My girls are going to be flower girls in August and I get tired just thinking about it! But, you survived!!!!