Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ella Update

I figured it has been a while since I have written an ella update. I started my blog when ella was about 8/9 months (I think), and I am glad to have those updates to look back at now that eliza is the same age.


Ella...where to start!! She is full of life, energy and spunk! She lives her days to the fullest...I assure you! Ella loves people and tries to make friends everywhere we go (just like her daddy). She loves to be on the go. She is becoming a much better eater finally at 2 1/2... thanks to ranch dressing that she will dip almost anything in! She is a good big sis and loves her sissy, yet she still doesn't understand personal space and gentleness. My favorite moment of the day is when I hear ella saying, "Mommy, sissy wakin. Oh, sissy...you so cute!" Ella loves the pool and the beach and isn't afraid of the water at all....which makes them all the more challenging. She loves to color, slide, sing, and play with her babies and stuffed animals. She still likes organizing things into piles and lines. She has an awesome memory. She doesn't forget a thing. For example, the other day she was talking about our vacation to Disney and she said, "Mommy, I saw Pete's garage and Minnie's House. Mommy, I not listen in Minnie's House." And sure enough that was the exact spot of a little tantrum. Yesterday she told me, "Mommy, we gotta rock and roll." I said, "What?" She said, "We gotta rock and roll like aunt joy!" And then I could clearly hear my sister joy saying that as she rounds up her kids.


Ella is very interested in Jesus and the Crucifiction story! This past Easter we gave her a little book about Easter and a Jesus kiddie movie. She is trying so hard to make sense of it all in her little mind. We seriously talk about this many times throughout the day. My favorite thing that she says is, "Jesus die on the cross. I die on the cross too. I do it all myself!" That's about as two year old as you can get. She also says, "Mommy, I need to pray to the cross!" (Very seriously) Then she'll pray, "Jesus I pray your cross all better, Amen!" She is concerned over Judas and also says, "Judas not a good friend" and does not like that the solders hurt Jesus. The other day she told me, "Mommy, I love Jesus' cross!" I told her ella, "Mommy does too!" I love hearing those little wheels a turning in her mind, as this most important story begins taking root in her little life. I just hope we get all the theology kinks worked out as she grows!



Ella now knows most of the (first)sounds for the entire alphabet (just short vowel sounds). This is thanks completely to Tad's Letter Factory and not her first grade teaching...phonics loving mama. She blew me away the other day when she went letter by letter telling me the sounds. While we know the sounds we are still working on recognition of many of the letters. Kids really can learn some good things from videos and mama gets a shower and we are all happy!!


I cannot believe that ella will be 3 in a few months. I am so thankful that God gave her to us and I pray he will smooth over our rough spots and work in her heart. I pray God will give me energy and patience as I teach her, discipline, her and care for her. I pray she will grow to have a real and personal relationship with Jesus and will make Him her Saviour. I pray she will continue to love others and will learn to be a giver. I pray she will continue to live each day with zeal and fun...even when mommy is tired. I pray for safety and that she will continue to obey and respect authority. I love you Ella bella!

1 comment:

eastandwest said...

We love Ella and that big personality! God is going to do much with that fearless spirit. Where He sends her, she will go!