Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday Addie!


Today is my niece Addie's 9th Birthday. I can hardly believe she is already 9, as it seems like just yesterday she was so little. I was a junior in college when she was born. I came home from school for the weekend and my sister thankfully went into labor. I was so excited to get to be at the hospital for her arrival. Addie had a rough start at birth and was pretty sick. She had to spend some extra days in the hospital. At that time in life I didn't understand what it would be like to have to leave my baby at the hospital and go home, but I now have a much greater appreciation for what my sister and brother-in-law went through. Thankfully, the Lord healed her little body and she came home about a week later. We were all crazy over her! She was the first grandchild and my first niece. I think I spent almost everyday the following summer over at my sister's house with Addie. I remember trying so hard to teach her to say juejue. I remember how scared she was of Kevin when we started dating. She wouldn't even look at him. It didn't take too long and then she decided she would marry him one day. (I'm sure she's changed her mind on that now...but it always made his day!) Addie is a beautiful and sweet girl. She is a good big sis to lots of brothers and a wonderful older cousin! I can just tell in Ella's face how much she loves and looks up to Addie. I am thankful that Ella and Eliza have a wonderful older "girl" cousin to look up too as they grow.


Addie,

I hope you know what a pretty and special girl you are to all of us! We are so proud of the young lady you are becoming. We pray that you will continue to grow to know and love Jesus. Trust him with the details of your life and He will guide your path. We know He has great plans for you and we are thankful that we get to watch and see! We hope you have a great day today and we look forward to celebrating with you!

Love,

JueJue, Kev, Ella and Eliza

2 comments:

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

you have such a sweet blog!! and that picture is making me want cupcakes....haha.

Jessica said...

she is so so cute! i miss wizie! Ok so I def see Landon and some of Dad and Joy. I kept looking and thinking something reminded me to Titus. I think it's the forehead. I don't know though. Happy 5 months. Love you girlies!