Monday, March 16, 2009

Fashion Overhaul???

Do you ever feel like you just need a total fashion overhaul?? I do. I would love to be on TLC's what not to wear and trade in my wardrobe for a new one. Maybe it is this season changing time of year but putting on last year's summer clothes...just don't feel good...and am I ever tired of my winter clothes.

Today it is rainy and I threw on my yoga capris (no I don't do yoga) and a t-shirt and fleece. I put on my tennis shoes and threw my hair un-straightened into a ponytail. Truly in my heart I'd love to be a wash and go, crunchy granola, all NAT-U-RAL kind of girl...but deep in my heart I know the truth! I need my straightener, make-up and look better when I wear real clothes. But, it was the kind of day when you know you really won't be going anywhere other than Target or the grocery store. Surely this outfit works for that! It was funny because I rarely wear tennis shoes. (I'm telling on my lack of fitness here!) They just don't do anything for my legs! Ella seriously kept looking at me all morning like....Mommy what are you wearing today??? She then kept saying shoes, shoes, and pointing to my tennis shoes. I think she knew this was not my best look too.

Hopefully tomorrow will be sunny and I'll feel more put-together myself. Maybe I'll even go shopping for a deal or two. Until then I'm gonna try not to let how I feel on the outside effect how I feel on the inside!

1 comment:

The Q family said...

I had to laugh, you just described my everyday wardrobe! In fact, when I get dressed up (I'm talking morning shower, make up and jeans with a cute top), my kids ask if it is church day. And, most of the time, it is!;) My norm is scrub pants or yoga pants and a tee shirt IF I even make it out of my pajamas! I like to look good, but I have way more fun making my kiddos look good, and then I'm out of time!