Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy 30th Kev!


Silly Daddy!

Handsome Daddy! (This is actually a fake smile)

"Daddy, stop cutting grass and come play with ella!"

I love my Daddy!

This weekend Kev will turn 30. It's kinda hard to believe that he will be officially out of his 20's. I mean 30 used to be so old! Now it is looking younger and younger to me..as I am not so far behind myself! I always want to make Kevin's birthday special...and yet I always feel that I never can top what he does for me. He is awesome at surprising me and he is a great gift buyer. Kevin is hard to shop for. He doesn't get excited over much.....materially speaking..except maybe a new tool or gadget and to be honest I just don't have a clue. I think we own half of Sears in our garage already! I mean Kevin is the guy who has figured out that we can save money if he eats 3 granola bars a day for his lunch...totaling out to a whopping $11.00 a month! I mean really babe! He is also the guy who is determined to wear his tennis shoes until they can walk away on their own. At the present they are two years old and have holes on both sides! He reuses everything...even saves his brown paper lunch bags! (You'd think he'd grown up during the great depression!) Although he is VERY frugal...he is also the biggest giver I know and he takes great joy and giving to me, ella, our families, friends, and even strangers. He loves to give to others out of what God has blessed us with. I love this about him! So...how can I make his 30th special? Is there a gift that will get that wow!!! this is what I've always wanted reaction!! How can I let him know that I love him and I can't imagine what I'd do without him! Happy 30th babe!~ Julie

2 comments:

eastandwest said...

Nice hat, Kevin! Happy Birthday!

WhitneyB said...

Kevin,
You truly are a servant and a tremendous blessing to those around you - especially the Bradburns! I wish we could do more to thank you for your kindness...
You are doing much for the Kingdom and the Lord DELIGHTS himself in you!! Welcome to the wonderful world of the 30's. Happy (belated) Birthday!