Thursday, August 7, 2008

10 Months Already?

Time sure does fly. Ella will be 10 months tomorrow and I can't believe that we are getting so close to her first birthday! I am already planning the celebration (Kevin keeps reminding me that I said I am just having a low-key family party.) It is so fun to see Ella learning new things each month and to see more and more of her little personality developing! These are some of her latest tricks....
-She now gives kisses on demand...it's so cute she'll open her mouth so wide! She loves to kiss the animals in her books. Today we were driving and I could see her in the mirror and I said, "Ella can you give your little bunny (her favorite new friend) a kiss" and she picked him up did it! It's so fun to see her comprehending and learning,
-She also knows what a phone is now...The other night she picked up her toy phone and put it to her ear twice. Kev and I both saw it and we looked at each other and said..."do you think she knows that is a phone?" Well, she does because she did it again today. I am surprised about this because I always hold my cell phone up for her to hear my mom or family members say hi to her on speaker phone! I guess she has seen me on the phone enough to understand.
-Ella can growl like a tiger and she tries to make a monkey sound. I'll go oo oo oo oo and she goes he he he he he. It's cute and I know what she is trying to do.
-Ella completely refuses to eat baby food now so we are experimenting in table foods...most days she is only interested in her yo baby yogurt and puffs. I feel like I spend the majority of the day trying to get this girl to eat a balanced meal!
-I have been trying to get Ella to drink from a cup and hold it herself. She is doing better on the drinking part but when I try to get her to hold it she gets so tickled. I don't know why this makes her laugh but...usually she has water pouring out of her mouth and it completely defeats my purpose!
-Ella got a little scared of the vaccumm cleaner the other day and Landon's stuffed pony! These were the first times she appeared fearful.
-Ella has become a great crawler and cruiser..now she has been working on standing alone...we are yet to take any steps!
-She loves to clap, patty cake and gives hi-fives...she still refuses to wave!
-Last thing...She loves to roll her ball back and forth. The other day we were playing and I leaned in and gave her a kiss. Now she thinks this is part of the game. My mom kept the church nursery this past Sunday night and Ella and her were rolling a ball and sure enough she expected some kisses with each roll. So cute!
As you can see I am quite the proud and grateful mom! I am thankful for these 10 happy months loving little Ella.

No comments: