Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby Proofing!




Ella is on the move....and when I say move I mean she never stops! I am beginning to think she may have Kevin's temperment...Lord help us! In our FROG (furnished room over garage- sorry but I've heard people be totally confused over that before) we have lots of Ella's toys! We also used to have a tredmill, bowflex machine and lots of our other junk. This room was like a fun house for Ella. She even figured out how to climb on the tredmill and enjoyed sitting on it. That's when I decided that we had to do some re-vamping! So gone are the work-out jungle gyms and we now have a new loveseat thanks to Joy and Chad.


We also have a bookshelf in our FROG that won't be removed. This has become ...let's say a power struggle for Ella and I. She loves to crawl and pull up on it. We don't want her to do this...it's cheap from Wal-mart and not anchored to the wall. So she'll see it and take off as fast as she can for it...and then stop and look at me and smile and laugh as I tell her "no!" She goes as fast as her little arms and legs can and pulls up. So after doing this over...and over...and over everyday. I decided to just block it with her two big toys. (see above for the cute picture of her realizing what I'd done)


SO...I'm thinking this probably isn't the best parenting move...I've been telling her no and not allowing her near the bookshelf...and now I have her toys propped up against it. Poor girl...she is probably too confused.

1 comment:

eastandwest said...

Too funny!

You may want to keep your eye out for the day when she discovers she can stand on the Leap Table and get to the bookshelf. They are always one step ahead of us!