Saturday, August 20, 2011

Late Night Thoughts

1.  It is late.  Very late considering it will be a long night.  Kev and I put the girls to bed tonight and then we took our very very messy house to bat!  I think I have cleaned a million times this week, but it was still a terrible disaster. Somewhere in the week I usually give up on the battle.  In fact, it was so bad tonight that Kev even was ready to get it back clean.  Here's to hoping it will still be semi clean by lunchtime tom. 

2.  Eli has to eat in about 30 minutes and I would rather waste 30 minutes on the computer than just barely get into a deep sleep and have to wake back up. 

3.  Both Ella and Eliza slept through the night at about 6 weeks.  Eli says he technically should still be in the womb, so it qualifies him for at least another 6 weeks.  I sure hope not.

4.  Enough about sleep...I am trying to lose these pregnancy pounds.  It is not fun or easy and I am hoping this is the last time I have to lose the weight.  Yes, I know it takes a while, but my wardrobe says...please hurry!!!

5.  Ella loves her baby brother.  Every morning she says, "I haven't got my morning kiss."  She also tells him multiple times a day that he is her best buddy.  She has been really helpful with him and is turning into a great big sister.  I am just praying she doesn't get too confident and try to pick him up on her own.

6.  Eliza has found the terrible two's.  I don't recommend bringing home a newborn with a two year old on the horizon.  You'd think I'd have learned the first time!!! 

7.  Eli is getting chunky.  I can't wait to see how much he weighs at the doctor this week. 

8.  Speaking of doctors...we have his first Spina Bifida clinic day this week as well as him first meeting with the early interventionist that we will be working with.   We will also see our regular Ped.  too.  Lots of appointments this week.

9. I got a new plug in from Bath and Body and it smells of Fall.  I love how you can smell them so well for the first day or two.  Makes me excited for football, pumpkin patch trips, and Christmas music (yes, I do begin listening way to early). 

10.  As I have read lots of friend's posts this week on facebook, my mind keeps thinking that this would have been Samuel's first week of kindergarten.  It is hard to believe that he would already be that old.  Although my mind has been so distracted with our new little boy, there are many days I sure wish my big boy was here to help and teach his little brother the ropes.  Maybe I wouldn't feel so unsure about raising a son if I had done it first.

11.  There are many more random thoughts going through my head...but I am sure that is way more than anyone was interested in knowing.  Time to feed a baby boy who has his eyes open.

3 comments:

julie said...

I think it's so sweet how Ella says that to Eli! So sweet! I'm really nervous about having my almost two Jude with a newborn now! At least they'll all be close growing up! I'm also so happy for Eli's progress! He's so cute, Julie!

Jessica said...

such a cutie!

The Carters said...

I love to read your updates on how things are going with ya'll. So glad Ella is such a good help. I thought Drew was done with the terrible two's but his three's seem worse! Good luck with Eliza :) Although it sounds like Ella is a good little extra moma so I'm sure she can help with you with her little sister.
Eli is precious. I pray all will go well with his appointments this week!