Monday, December 6, 2010

My Little Turkeys

I am catching up with posting some Thanksgiving pictures.   
 Ella is three years old and two months and Eliza is 14 months.  This really is a fun stage for both of them and is much, much, much easier than last year with a two year old and a newborn.  Ella is well....Ella.  She is full of life and fun!  She loves people, animals and is bossy!!  Oh my goodness, she is very into playing school right now and bosses poor Eliza to death.
 I hear at least 50 times a day..."Eliza, sit on your mat!"  She will turn anything into a mat and wants Eliza to sit there for the instruction!  I see a little teacher coming out of her and it makes me laugh!  I used to do the same thing to my poor little sister, Jess.  She has quite an imagination and loves to play!  She is a smartie and never forgets...anything!! 
 Eliza is still our little sweetie.  She is still tiny...growing at her own little pace!  She is generally very laid back and easy going....unless she is bossed too much and holy cow the little missy can wail!  When her feelings get hurt, it takes her a bit to recoup!  She is also quite the climber and fast!  We really have to keep our eyes on her.  She also loves to find an open potty!  Needless to say, we have learned to close the bathroom doors!
 Ella loves to go to Mother's Morning Out at our church, and Eliza loves to go and pick her up!  I love to see them get excited to be back together. 
 I love having two girls.  I love everything about it!  We do have some drama...which I am sure will only get worse as they grow. 
 Every night when I go into their rooms to check on them before bed, I feel their little tummies going up and down, with each breath and I thank the Lord for their precious little lives.

 I will never get over the blessing of having children to fill our home!
 And the amazing blessing of being a mother!

 I sure do love my little turkeys!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

yes, you just tell eliza to call her auntie and tell me her woes when the bossing gets to much. I will have a compassion like none other! ;) Love the outfits and the shoes! Side note.. in your old age (I only say this bc her birthday is this week) have you finally gone to skinny jeans?! if those are it.. love love love them!

Joy said...

Julie, Your post made me laugh! It reminds me so much of my two that it's crazy! And little Eliza is so super little, she looks just like my little Raegan! I wish we lived closer and could let our 4 play together. They would have a blast! Children really are a blessing...especially little girls. :)