Friday, December 17, 2010

Is Christmas really almost here?

I think I am setting a record this year with my lack of Christmas posts.  It has already been a very busy month despite my efforts for it not to be.  I am more behind in my shopping than I have ever been.  Seriously, I like to have things bought and some years even wrapped by Thanksgiving.  Not this year!!  I think since we've done some major cutting back in buying this year, it has left me confused or maybe just unmotivated. We also haven't "seen the lights", baked our cookies and goodies, wrapped a single gift, finished mailing my cards, or done the first advent activity with the girls like I wanted to do daily.  I guess that qualifies me as a bad mom.  Sometimes I can't seem to get it all done, and I am trying more and more to let some things go.

If you saw my downstairs hardwood floors this morning, after I cleaned it thoroughly yesterday...you'd know why some things you just can't keep the way you want them.  It really is disheartening...but it light of things not such a biggie and I know this is something the Lord is teaching me.

We had family photos made a few weeks ago and I love them.  It was such a fun and beautiful day spent together, that ended in a large scoop of peanut butter and choc. ice cream from Baskin Robbins!  Yum!


We had a blue balloon in honor of Samuel.  We knew two little girlies would be fighting for it so they got red ones too!

My little sweetie!


More fun and colorful bribes that resulted in Eliza's new found love of a sucker...and also a big mess!


Oh how I love those little girlies!
Hopefully next week we can finish up our shopping, baking, light seeing, and enjoy some lazy days at home together!  Hopefully!!!

2 comments:

Helen Joy said...

Those are the most precious pictures ever! I love them!

Crystal said...

those are amazing pictures, julie! such beautiful colors and a sweet family :) the balloon idea is so touching.