Friday, December 24, 2010

It's here!!

Well, it is 11:10 on Christmas Eve and all my to-do's are finally done.  Well, actually that is not true because I came upstairs to quickly sew some cute little aprons (a project that I have been putting off) to add to the girls Christmas loot.  They are getting a new kitchen tom. and doesn't every cook need a apron?  Instead I am still procrastinating!!

We have had a wonderful week finishing up our Christmas traditions.  Sometimes I feel like I about kill us in our merry memory making.  Today our family delivered a ton of very special gifts to a family who is very in need this year.  Our sweet Sunday School Class was so giving and Kev, Ella, Eliza and I had the privilege of seeing the giving in action.  It broke our hearts as the mom who is 31 like me, was missing all of her front top teeth and wore the physical signs of a very hard life.  The dad must have thanked Kevin a million times as they unloaded the boxes.  Ella was very curious and asked a million questions about the kids and family.  I was so thankful that she got to be a part.  Last night as we were wrapping the gifts she was coloring.  When she was done she stacked her picture with the gifts and said, "Mommy this is for the kids that don't have."  I pray that we can teach our girls to be giving. 

Tonight we enjoyed a great Christmas Eve service and a wonderful dinner out with family and friends.  We drove around and saw a few more lights and headed home for the girls to unwrap their Christmas pj's  and get in bed.

I cannot wait to see their little faces in the morning. 

Thank you Jesus for coming, living, dying and walking through this earthly life with us.  Happy Birthday Jesus!!

No comments: